Author Topic: NOS Western Electric Powerwire.  (Read 52896 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: NOS Western Electric Powerwire.
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2011, 07:52:38 AM »
Charles,

Are you talking about the Majik BUSS, the SuBUSS, the Über BUSS, or--er...the MuthaBuss? I'm a little confused there.

I'm not a big fan of line conditioners in general, but I'm not close-minded either.

At any rate I wouldn't hesitate to recommend TWL PCs to anyone, and Pete is a great guy to boot.

Regg,
              It is a REV "B" RB29 the Uber is on its way. I too like you have had bad experiences with power conditioners until now. This is a very affective product no BS, hype,etc just more of what you had before.

charles
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:56:27 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline DeeJayBump

« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2011, 12:14:03 PM »
Pete-

Any plans to also make/offer speaker cable or interconnects with any of the other NOS Western Electric wire?

Thanks

-Scott

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
Pete-

Any plans to also make/offer speaker cable or interconnects with any of the other NOS Western Electric wire?

Thanks

-Scott

Scott,
Been experimenting a bit with IC' s & other cables, but to quote U2, "I haven't found what I'm looking for"... YET!

Also, been swamped lately with other stuff...

A side note - I had the opportunity to place a PI Audio Group Rev. B buss in my main system; didn't know what to expect...Well... the results blew away my expectations; blacker background, more musicality & PRAT... also, I appear to have a bit more gain with my low powered 2A3 SET amps without losing any dynamics whatsover (my pet peave with all the power conditioners I have tried!!!)... I don't know if it's the Power Factor Correction or the very clever noise (EMI/RFI) reduction circuitry inside the REV B buss...

I had about 10 audiophile friends over this past Saturday, helping to confirm my buss revelation.

I was so impressed with the Rev. B that I just ordered an Uber Buss from Dave Elledge @ PI Audio...

Just thought I'd share a little bit,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline DeeJayBump

« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2011, 03:30:03 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Pete.

Good to know that ICs and SCs might be on the horizon if you find the sound you're looking for.