Author Topic: Pray for Rollo  (Read 17225 times)

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Pray for Rollo
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »
Nick

The 5"s in addition to being double rear ported are themselves 24 inches deep so a starting point would have the front of the speakers 48" into the room.  As they are both dedicated rooms I can manage that as no one else really goes in either room and they are no visible to rest of the house's general living area.  What concerns me would be the distance to the sidewalls which would be between 2-2 1/2 feet. They are not at all under consideration for the house in Florida as that would eventually just result in a multi-state move.  So the questions are concerning the current SC room or a future room. If like me you've seen all the pictures on various forums of the "giant" speakers crammed in to what look like spare bedrooms then I guess anything is possible if you want it to be. The current room in SC is pretty much the same size as the room Charles is re-building.  I've got time to see how it shakes out plus the Verity Otello's and Nola KO's sitting in Florida are pretty good speakers in there own right.

Can you get 9 ft center to center ?

charles
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 08:53:38 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2021, 11:22:47 AM »
Zylatron, wow, that's a blast from the past. They were located about three blocks from my high school.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2021, 12:04:40 PM »
Zylatron, wow, that's a blast from the past. They were located about three blocks from my high school.

I think I sold those in 2008 and pretty sure I replaced them with the SP Tech 2.0s. Can’t recall yet what I owned before the Zalytrons.

Just for the heck of it, I’m trying to come up with a list of all the gear I’ve ever owned and that goes back to the 70s. I started it recently and I’ve come up with quite a bit already…
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2021, 12:08:08 PM »
Charles

In the current SC room 8 feet would be pushing it.
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2021, 01:19:39 PM »
I grew up in East Meadow NY- Zalytron was a short ride away- bought mainly car stuff at the time.
Please tell me someone reading this for the locale remembers ‘Big Julies’ in Hempstead!…
Jim
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2021, 04:58:24 PM »
Zalytron!

I bought a lot of drivers and parts from them BITD!  Elliott was a piece of work... 8)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 06:23:28 PM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2021, 06:06:27 PM »
I was reading a little bit about Zalytron to refresh my memory and it seems like they just sold parts… drivers and kits. But I bought a completed product, likely a two-way with a 7” driver as I recall, and I sure thought I bought it directly from them. Anyway, it was a long time ago…
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2021, 08:28:26 PM »
They probably were mostly known for selling raw drivers, but thaty also had a whole showroom full of completed speakers available for sale.

And Dave you are right, Elliot was quite a character.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2021, 05:22:05 AM »
I grew up in East Meadow NY- Zalytron was a short ride away- bought mainly car stuff at the time.
Please tell me someone reading this for the locale remembers ‘Big Julies’ in Hempstead!…
Jim

I was in East Meadow too and of course I visited Elliott. Almost got a speaker from him but decided to buy it from Just Speakers instead. I still have them and they still sound great. Both those guys built speakers that crushed the commercial brands in terms of sound and price.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2021, 08:55:35 AM »
Zalytron!

I bought a lot of drivers and parts from them BITD!  Elliott was a piece of work... 8)

Out of His mind. A great Cab builder though. Was there numerous times. Had some VG sounding speakers there.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2021, 09:56:30 AM »
And Dave you are right, Elliot was quite a character.
I spoke to him over the phone on several occasions.  I never knew which Elliott I was going to get!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2021, 09:49:28 AM »
  Ok narrowing down the speaker choices.  :duh :duh Settling on the speaker type is giving me lots of thought. Do I stay with Rethm 100db single driver type? Go to a two way floor mount  Qln Prestige 3 ? MBL 120 omni ? Muraudio Electrostatic, Wolf Von Langa Field Coil ? Or TAD stand mounts. ?????
  All will fit in new room. I have several Amps for Single driver and Arion HS 500 Hybrid Class "D" mono blocks 500W into 8Ohm 1000W into 4 Ohm load.Challenged at this point.

charles

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2021, 06:25:56 AM »
Ditto all the best wishes! :thumb:

Offline rollo

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2022, 10:51:26 AM »
 ALL DONE. Chose Prestige 1 from Qln with matching stands. Next uo room treatments. 

charles

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2022, 11:30:06 AM »
ALL DONE. Chose Prestige 1 from Qln with matching stands. Next uo room treatments. 

charles
Send me dimensions and some pics of your room and I'll help if you want.

Toodles!