Author Topic: Recepies ???  (Read 2801 times)

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Recepies ???
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2021, 04:35:15 PM »
Pork bellies... sorta new around here.  Most of the independent meat markets have gone under in Abilene, but a new guy opened up.    Where am I?  In the country outside Abilene, TX. 

Started rigging a rotisserie just before noon... lots of C clamps since nothing fit.   I started the fire about noon... big fire of oak and mesquite and let it burn down. I trimmed the pigskin off the porkbelly, and I cut all the meat into 1/3" slabs while the fire burned down.  Added the rub, oil, lemon, opened what was left of last night's red wine... not for the gyros.   Let it set for 30-40 minutes,  added more wood, put the meat on the spit, drank more wine.  Meat went on the grill about 1:15... Opened a second bottle of red wine.  Trimmed the gyros, sampled the dangling bits, drank a little red wine,  stoked the fire, trimmed the gyros, drank a little red wine.... until the gyros are all trimmed and done.  I'll let them sit in the fridge for a day, freeze them for travel, and feed a group over the 4th of July. 
Tzatki... just a recipe off the web... with some extra mint added since I have some in the garden.   Fresh dill, mint, EVOO, yogurt,  a nice Spanish vinegar, bit of salt, pepper,  lemon... and of course cucumber.  Nothing special. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 04:39:42 PM by S Clark »
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2021, 04:47:37 PM »
Gyros are on the rotisserie!! :D  4 lbs of pork loin, 4 pounds of leg of lamb, and 4 pound of pork belly, rubbed with mushed onion and garlic.  Seasoned with lots of oregano, thyme, black pepper, dill... lesser amounts of paprika, mint, rosemary, mustard (on the lamb).  Salt to you medical limits.   Lots of salt is good, less is ok.  Almost as good as the street vendors in Athens.... ok , not that good, but pretty damn good. 

I wish I had a vertical rotisserie, mine is rigged across my grill with lots of oak and mesquite burned down.

:drool: :drool: :drool:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2021, 04:49:15 PM »
I would bet pork bellies would be fantastic in any kind of kebab.  Or slice it thin, saute it, and add it to... anything. 
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2021, 08:52:51 PM »
I would bet pork bellies would be fantastic in any kind of kebab.  Or slice it thin, saute it, and add it to... anything.
There are a couple of restaurants in Portland called Lardos.  They do dirty fries with crispy pork belly, diced pepperoncini and Parmesan cheese.

They are evil in a good way!

https://www.golocalpdx.com/food/lardos-dirty-fries-named-one-of-the-best-drunk-food-in-america
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline tmazz

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 12:34:17 AM »
There are a couple of restaurants in Portland called Lardos.  They do dirty fries with crispy pork belly, diced pepperoncini and Parmesan cheese.

They are evil in a good way!

https://www.golocalpdx.com/food/lardos-dirty-fries-named-one-of-the-best-drunk-food-in-america

Oooooooooh!

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2021, 10:19:05 PM »
  Thanks Guys.  Love our food. The fresh garlic pressed in to the breadcrumbs and chopped fresh parsley make it so good. You can sprinkle them over Asparagus on a baking sheet drizzle some EVOO over or mix in breadcrumb first then bake at 425 15, 20 minutes.

charles

I use Panko on my Asparagus and finish it under the broiler to brown the crumbs. Gives it a nice crunch.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2021, 10:43:24 AM »
  Thanks Guys.  Love our food. The fresh garlic pressed in to the breadcrumbs and chopped fresh parsley make it so good. You can sprinkle them over Asparagus on a baking sheet drizzle some EVOO over or mix in breadcrumb first then bake at 425 15, 20 minutes.

charles
Best garlic press...ever.  I've tried them all and this one rocks!  Pun intended.
https://my-kitchengadgets.com/products/garlic-press-rocker
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 11:00:36 AM by P.I. »
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC

Offline tmazz

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2021, 08:08:12 PM »

charles
Best garlic press...ever.  I've tried them all and this one rocks!  Pun intended.
https://my-kitchengadgets.com/products/garlic-press-rocker

Such a simple concept, yet it works so well.

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline tmazz

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline Folsom

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »
Soo this is an easy one I try to share often.

Ingredients:

Popcorn kernals

Nutritional Yeast (newch)

Dill (dried)

Real sea salt (the kind that is almost wet, it's so much better)

Obvious:

Popcorn kernals, pop them microwave in a brown paper bag. About a minute and a handful at a time. Longer means burning, better to start a new batch than keep trying to pop unpopped kernels.

Now the simple part. Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle Salt. Dump a big handful or two of newch. Sprinkle dill. Stir maybe, whatever you want.

Important

Don't be shy with the newch. Sprinkling it is pointless. You want it all over, like if you buy cheese popcorn or something. Expect some olive oil and newch at the bottom if you did it right.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2021, 12:38:21 PM »
Soo this is an easy one I try to share often.

Ingredients:

Popcorn kernals

Nutritional Yeast (newch)

Dill (dried)

Real sea salt (the kind that is almost wet, it's so much better)

Obvious:

Popcorn kernals, pop them microwave in a brown paper bag. About a minute and a handful at a time. Longer means burning, better to start a new batch than keep trying to pop unpopped kernels.

Now the simple part. Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle Salt. Dump a big handful or two of newch. Sprinkle dill. Stir maybe, whatever you want.

Important

Don't be shy with the newch. Sprinkling it is pointless. You want it all over, like if you buy cheese popcorn or something. Expect some olive oil and newch at the bottom if you did it right.
Gayle is a popcorn addict.  I'll make some of this for her.  Sounds yummy.  Dill is an underused herb for sure!

Offline James Edward

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2021, 08:49:03 AM »
Never used nutritional yeast- bought it after reading this and tried it with some salted microwave popcorn- good stuff. It seems to have quite a following in the vegan world. FWIW- I picked up the Bragg brand. Tonight I’ll do the full blown recipe. Thanks.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline James Edward

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2021, 01:46:35 PM »
Rollo’s sauce is simmering as I write. I’ve got to try a little rigatoni with the nutritional yeast. ‘Substitute’ for grated cheese seems to be high on the list of things to do with it.
Don’t worry Charles, the grated Romano will be out.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0