Author Topic: Electric Recording Co  (Read 4186 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Electric Recording Co
« on: April 30, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »
Does anyone have experience with the Electric Recording Co products? They are very expensive LP's and was wondering how good they were/are.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Electric Recording Co
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2020, 09:45:06 AM »
https://www.analogplanet.com/content/electric-recording-company-issue-way-out-west-stereo

Just saw this- more of a press release, but it links to the company website. There are a number of replies too; maybe someone in there has some actual experience with the product. Personally, I think you should buy several, so we can all check them out and decide for ourselves...
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline Folsom

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »
I would love to own them. But I also find the price to be the antithesis to people wanting to join the hobby. They could easily produce more of them. I'd consider maybe up to $100 each. But $300 with an increasing price is IMO a turn off that is bad for the hobby and exclusive in an a really shitty way. It's bad enough that good LP's in classical in general cost a lot of money. There are gems that don't, but honestly the ones that cost more are better on the whole.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 12:31:09 PM »
Agree, just wondering how much better they are than some other carefully produced LP's such as Analog Productions etc
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Folsom

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 10:36:55 PM »
Probably way better. I find most "audiophile" productions not so great.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:46:38 AM »
  I have the AP recording. The music content is good but not spectacular for me. The LP pans left to right. Actually the mono version which I have is more realistic.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.