Group Therapy > Audio Syndrome NY

Time to Close Down This Circle

<< < (2/5) > >>

jimbones:
I know a lot of club people that are posting on AN all the time. It may not be posts exclusive to AS but they are active nonetheless. A lot of time we may post questions specific to digital, power etc. Knowing that I will post here.

jimbones:
OK so here is a noise issue I am trying to figure out so anyone in AS chime in:

I have 2 dedicated lines for my system.
if I plug my preamp into one and then power amp into the other I get low level noise.
If I plug them both into either line noise goes away.

BobM:
Ground loop hum, obviously. It's not uncommon. Here's an article with good info:

https://www.audioholics.com/home-theater-connection/ground-loops-eliminating-system-hum-and-buzz

rollo:

--- Quote from: jimbones on December 21, 2018, 11:06:07 AM ---OK so here is a noise issue I am trying to figure out so anyone in AS chime in:

I have 2 dedicated lines for my system.
if I plug my preamp into one and then power amp into the other I get low level noise.
If I plug them both into either line noise goes away.

--- End quote ---

Ground issues. The amp and preamp should see the same ground potential. Same receptacle of dedicated line.

charles

rollo:
Gentleman the request was made since most of our members refuse to post on the Audiosydrome Circle not AN in general. Of course we have members posting elsewhere here but not the point. Look at the posts here. Far and few in between. Meetings of late not posted either. Just feel a perk not appreciated and used much.
Now if it does not bother Nick to keep it fine with me. I will remain Moderator and continue to push use by my fellow club members.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version