Author Topic: Powercord on a Turntable  (Read 2386 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Powercord on a Turntable
« on: January 02, 2012, 01:58:49 AM »
I know we will all sigh with this post, not another claim that powercords can make a difference, but yes they can. And even on a turntable.

I plugged Triode Petes "American 8 Guage" Power cord into my Micro Seiki turntable and there was a subtle but noticeable improvement.

Tone was rich and clean and the soundstage opened up a bit, not tremendously so, but it was definetly there.

Why or how a powercord can affect the sound when all it is doing is powering the motor? I have no clue, nor care to know.

Way to go Pete! You should market a PC just for turntables!

Mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Powercord on a Turntable
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:10:14 AM »
 :shock: Was it the cryoed edition ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Powercord on a Turntable
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 09:24:26 AM »
I remember way back when that Bob Crump, when asked where is the most important place to put your first upscale power cord answered, "on the turntable motor". That over all other possible spots.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.