Group Therapy > Audio Syndrome NY

Turntable Ordered- Tom M's House Was Culprit

(1/10) > >>

James Edward:
After listening for about 30 seconds to Tom's VPI, I knew then that I had to get a new table. I know the evening's task was supposed to be evaluating the Oppo vs Tom's digital setup, but I couldn't help thinking about those 15 minutes or so of records.
Between all the records I currently own, and the vast selection now out there, I am pumped to say the least.
My SOTA Comet table has seen very little use in the past ten years- since I have quite a collection of 12" 45's and a bad case of musical ADD, taking the platter on and off to change speeds became more than a little annoying.
Enter the Clearaudio Concept turntable; speed selection at the turn of a dial, and quite good looks. I look at this as a new entry point- if the new vinyl addiction takes hold, I can always move up the ladder.
Any suggestions of rock, classical, or blues re-issues that sound great and don't cost $75 per record are appreciated.

BobM:
Try looking here:

http://www.infinityrecords.net/

It's right up the block from my house. Maybe you can drop by one of these days and we can play one of your new acquisitions on my TT.

Bob

tmazz:
Jim,

Welcome to Vinyl Land!  :yay2:

Happy to hear I was a positive influence on you!

I don't know if the Clearaudio comes with a cartridge premounted, but if you need hand getting it set up give me a call and I can take I ride out to your place. I have all kinds of cartrige alignment toys.

As for LPs, if you are at all into Pink Floyd, run, don’t walk to the nearest Best Buy and grab a copy of the 30th Anniversary release of Dark Side of the Moon. This 200g LP is far and away the best version of DSOTM I have ever heard and rumor has it that the press run is gone and once the store stock are sold that will be it. Best Buy gets $22.95 for it and if you miss out on this one you will really hate yourself. (You can go on bestbuy.com to check store stock. Give me a call and we can chat about what types of music you listen to and come up with a further list of buying recommendations.  

Maybe a road trip to Princeton Record Exchange might be in order……….   :D

Tom

tmazz:

--- Quote from: BobM on February 18, 2010, 10:28:25 AM ---Try looking here:

http://www.infinityrecords.net/

It's right up the block from my house. Maybe you can drop by one of these days and we can play one of your new acquisitions on my TT.

Bob

--- End quote ---

Infinity definitely has the widest selection of good quality LPs on the island. Highly recommended store. I'm just glad it is far enough away from me that I can't just pop in on my way home - that would be dangerous.  aa
It's not PRX, but what the heck, it's not 2 1/2 hours away either.

Hey Bob,

I just found a copy of a CD by the Hohner Accordion Orchestra. A group of 27 accordion playing classical music. I thought it would be right up your alley. Meant to show it to you last Saturday, but forgot in all the mayhem.

Tom

rollo:
Hey James welcome aboard.  Good luck with the purchase.
   Check out Classic Records gret stuff and not very expensive.

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version