Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 7978 times)

Offline rollo

• Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Happy Thanksgiving
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:38:44 AM »
  To all our members and the AN members HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :beer:

charles
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:08:02 AM by rollo »
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: HapptyThanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 06:53:19 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Charles. And to all AN'ers!!

Thanksgiving is not about pilgrims and indians. Our real American thanksgiving holiday comes from this:

Text
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:08:19 AM by rollo »

Deton Nation

Re: Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 07:00:23 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving! You guys ROck!
Mike
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:08:33 AM by rollo »

Offline rollo

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 07:07:16 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Charles. And to all AN'ers!!

Thanksgiving is not about pilgrims and indians. Our real American thanksgiving holiday comes from this:

Text

Rich, great find, who knew. Love that stuff. I'm putting a copy on everyones dinner plate. Thanks !

charles
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:08:51 AM by rollo »
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Bigfish8

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »
I hope all of you guys are able to enjoy being with family and/or friends and enjoy a great holiday weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ken
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 10:37:39 AM by Bigfish8 »

pingong

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 05:51:07 PM »
 To all our members and the AN members HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :beer:

charles

Happy holiday to you Charles and all. Cheers.

Ping

Thanks for giving. Free Mcintoch:

http://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/t.mpl?f=general&m=555716

Offline spudco

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 09:11:01 PM »
Hoping everyone has a wonderful time with family and friends. 

I just found out my little brother is coming down tomorrow and staying to watch the "Backyard Brawl".   GOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 02:04:25 AM »
Uh-oh.  My daughter was just accepted at the University of Pittsburgh. (We are very proud of her.)

Happy T-Day!

Good luck Saturday (sorta)

shep

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 04:32:46 AM »
Are there any turkeys still standing in the good ol USA? I would kill for a real pumpkin pie! even leftovers.

Offline spudco

• Seeking Help
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2009, 05:26:23 AM »
Uh-oh.  My daughter was just accepted at the University of Pittsburgh. (We are very proud of her.)

Happy T-Day!

Good luck Saturday (sorta)

The game is traditionally on the Friday after Thanksgiving (7:00 this year).  Although I admit Pitt is a good school and I love the town I hate them in sports with 100 years of fundamentalist tradition.

Offline rollo

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2009, 07:10:07 AM »
Are there any turkeys still standing in the good ol USA? I would kill for a real pumpkin pie! even leftovers.

Yeah. Obama. Pumpkin pie is really good but until ya'all have had a sweet potatoe pie with some whipped cream. MAN!

charles

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2009, 08:36:39 AM »
Are there any turkeys still standing in the good ol USA?
Yeah. Obama.
:lol:

From paragraph 3 of GW's proclamation:

"And also, that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions;"

"to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed"

"and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best."

If anyone needs our prayers it is our dear leader. God Bless the United States of America!

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 11:34:59 AM »
For those of us like me, whose aging eyes had trouble reading the scan of that Rich had posted here is the text:

WHEREAS it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor; and Whereas both Houses of Congress have, by their joint committee, requested me "to recommend to the people of the United States a DAY OF PUBLIC THANSGIVING and PRAYER, to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many and signal favors of Almighty God, especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness:"
NOW THEREFORE, I do recommend and assign THURSDAY, the TWENTY-SIXTH DAY of NOVEMBER next, to be devoted by the people of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being who is the beneficent author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be; that we may then all unite in rendering unto Him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection of the people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war; for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed;-- for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enable to establish Constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted;-- for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed, and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge;-- and, in general, for all the great and various favors which He has been pleased to confer upon us.

And also, that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech Him to pardon our national and other transgressions;-- to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually; to render our National Government a blessing to all the people by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed; to protect and guide all sovereigns and nations (especially such as have shown kindness unto us); and to bless them with good governments, peace, and concord; to promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the increase of science among them and us; and, generally to grant unto all mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.
GIVEN under my hand, at the city of New-York, the third day of October, in the year of our Lord, one thousand seven hundred and eighty-nine.
(signed) George Washington
Source: The Massachusetts Centinel, Wednesday, October 14, 1789
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables