Group Therapy > Audio Syndrome NY

meeting at rollo's

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lizard_king:
Hi Paul,

Glad to see you  have come aboard.

Paul

--- Quote from: ltr317 on October 30, 2009, 05:03:33 PM ---Charles,

Sorry I missed the meeting.  I don't remember you have Grant Fidelity amps, but my memory is not what it used to be. 

Paul M.

--- End quote ---

StereoNut:
A night of vinyl was a nice change of pace. :thumb:   I didn't know you added the Lingo until I got there.  Just curious, did that necessitate changing the motor in the LP12 too or just the Valhalla board?  Also, did you do the upgrade yourself or was an LP12 techie needed?  The Lingo (or Naim Armaggedon) is something I've thought about for my LP12 as well, but the cost factor always kept me from making that jump.  Someday???  :roll:

I don't know if those were the "Aluminata" (spelling?) version of JPS Labs speaker cables, but all I can say is... Wow!  It's not that the other speaker cables in/out of your system were unpleasant by any means, but the JPS cables were a noticable improvement within the first three notes!   
Once again (for me at least) it unfortunately  :( comes down to $$$.  Champagne taste :drool: on a Coors budget! :)

Bill

rollo:

--- Quote from: StereoNut on October 30, 2009, 09:42:32 PM ---A night of vinyl was a nice change of pace. :thumb:   I didn't know you added the Lingo until I got there.  Just curious, did that necessitate changing the motor in the LP12 too or just the Valhalla board?  Also, did you do the upgrade yourself or was an LP12 techie needed?  The Lingo (or Naim Armaggedon) is something I've thought about for my LP12 as well, but the cost factor always kept me from making that jump.  Someday???  :roll:

I don't know if those were the "Aluminata" (spelling?) version of JPS Labs speaker cables, but all I can say is... Wow!  It's not that the other speaker cables in/out of your system were unpleasant by any means, but the JPS cables were a noticable improvement within the first three notes!   
Once again (for me at least) it unfortunately :( comes down to $$$.  Champagne taste :drool: on a Coors budget! :)

Bill

--- End quote ---
Bill the work wa done at Accent on Music about 2 years ago. The motor is the same. However Linn has a new motor available for $15.000,000 unless you know Ivor.  The amps are Consonance Cyber 211s. Just the 211tubes are new. I installed new caps Teflon [V-Caps] in the amps just two each . IMO this mod is responsible for the character of the amps.
  Glad you came see you at Jims next month.

charles

Lizard_king:
Hey Bill,

Glad to see you have finally joined this forum!

Paul - Pres :-)

--- Quote from: StereoNut on October 30, 2009, 09:42:32 PM ---A night of vinyl was a nice change of pace. :thumb:   I didn't know you added the Lingo until I got there.  Just curious, did that necessitate changing the motor in the LP12 too or just the Valhalla board?  Also, did you do the upgrade yourself or was an LP12 techie needed?  The Lingo (or Naim Armaggedon) is something I've thought about for my LP12 as well, but the cost factor always kept me from making that jump.  Someday???  :roll:

Once again (for me at least) it unfortunately  :( comes down to $$$.  Champagne taste :drool: on a Coors budget! :)

Bill

--- End quote ---

StereoNut:
Hi Paul

Glad to be here!  It's nice to have an on-line "home" for the Syndrome.  I'm sure my "attendance" on AN will be "streaky", but I'll try to participate as often as possible.  (Only one worthwhile computer in the house, so it's sometimes a battle for keyboard time!)

Anyway, it was good to see everyone at Charles' place last week and look forward to the meeting at Jim's coming up.

Bill

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version