Author Topic: Dyna 10X5 landed  (Read 3907 times)

bacobits

Dyna 10X5 landed
« on: February 28, 2009, 09:00:42 PM »
Simply stunning cartridge if I say so.
This is after an hours play. Of course my blinged setup has it pretty close to right on.
Depth and instrument separation is beautiful. No problems with bass here.

Forget the Benz Glider (new at $1G now) it sounds digital.
You see, I never had a Dynavector in the past.

Very much recommended.

Oh, mates very well with the Mini Max Phono Pre at the MC high setting of 100 Ohms.
Not enough oomph at the MM setting these are supposed to play at.

Den

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Dyna 10X5 landed
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 06:46:44 AM »
Cool, glad you like it! :)
I spun records on mine last night and thought about how transparent and detailed the 10x5 really is.
It's a little 'hot' on the MC high input to me, though... I had to be very careful with the volume as it got pretty loud quickly... but it did sound better than the MM input... Of course, I'd been drinking when I was swapping so, could've been me.. hope I didn't put it on the MC low..  :shock:
-C

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 06:49:36 AM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.

bacobits

Re: Dyna 10X5 landed
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 08:56:31 AM »
Yes, you have to watch the volume on the High MC setting but matches my CD volume perfect when switching. The MM setting sounds lifeless to about 2 O'clock on the dial and that is way too high as far as I'm concerned. If I ever forget to switch volume lower going to CD, YIKES!

Ahh, I also read your initial (after listening an hour?) very seductive association to the Dyna 10X5 back in '04 on the AC board. I can fully understand, it is that nice. I'm very impressed with it. I think it's a sleeper out there considering the price of others on the market.

Oh, the Dyna mounted in the Rega 300 looks like a funny car on the line. :rofl:

In the past I have had 2 Denon DL103's and I don't know what all the fuss is about.
Also sold my AT OC9 LM too, again too digital sounding. 

D

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 09:00:55 AM by bacobits »