Music Ward > Album Reviews

Favorite audiophile labels?

(1/3) > >>

richidoo:
OK you got a nice stereo. What to play on it? What label has the most consistent audiophile quality recordings?

Reference Recordings are my favorite. I think they are my best recordings. The performances are also excellent. I have 3 of them, and all have incredible clarity and power. Dr. Johnson knows what he is doing. Respigi Pines of Rome (won best classical recording grammy,) Exotic dances from the opera, and Felix Hell Organ. Just when I think I need an upgrade component, I put these on and suddenly the system sounds just fine!

Alison Krauss CDs like So Long So Wrong and New Favorite sound fantastic.

I also have that Stereophile CD, Robert Silverman plays Diabelli Variations, recorded with IsoMike. It's pretty good!

Rich

shep:
Sheffield labs...Dave Gruisin. The early French Harmonia Mundi's recorded by Pontefrac...some obscure Lp's from the 70's and 80's, Jazz, on labels that have long since disappeared. Absolutely wonderfull lp's (and cd's) of early AndyNarell and the David Grisman quintet ("new" blugrass)

bobrex:
First off, why just limit yourself to audiophile labels?  What happens to the Shaded Dogs, Mercs, Lyritas, Deccas, and EMIs?  I want good music, not just good sound and besides, these labels have truly fine sonics!

On the jazz side, ECM, Blue Note, Riverside, there's pleny out there.

Some of my best sonics are not on audiophile pressings.

Inscrutable:
Mapleshade always seems to be pretty good.

lonewolfny42:
Check out Chesky.......some very good recordings. :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version