Author Topic: G2G at Rich's 8/25  (Read 27268 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
G2G at Rich's 8/25
« on: August 01, 2007, 05:11:55 PM »
On the menu this time are speaker cables: JPS Superconductor 3, Reality SCs, Harmonic Technologies Pro9+, possibly Grover S Biwire SCs, and maybe some other strange and rare examples of the art.

bigfish8 might be convinced to bring his still-wet-paint SP Tech Timepiece 2.1 speakers over. He is a great sport, so it will be fun to meet Ken, live and in person!

We will have an informal discussion on the pros and cons of starting a "Triangle Audio Society." All opinions are welcome for clarity and sanity check before embarking on such an ambitious endeavor. SteveB and I have been mulling it over for a few months. Time for some real world feedback.

I don't know if the SAS Audio Labs 11A preamp will be in town by then (or still be here?) but that would certainly be a great feature, considering it is said to be one of the best preamps out there. Local audiophiles would get a chance to hear it in person without the fuss, and Steve Sammet would probably appreciate that opportunity as much as the listeners, so it might be a good thing to pursue.

Also playing will be AP850 patio speakers by outdoorspeakerdepot.com and Audiosource 200 amplifier, connected with 60 feet of the cheapest, unshielded 16ga copper speaker wire available. Not too bad considering the loud frogs and bugs for background noise....

And whatever else anyone wants to bring for show and tell ;)

Food served. We start around 5pm.
See you then! Thanks.
Rich

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: G2G at Rich's 8/25
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 06:31:47 PM »
I'll be interested in your cable comparison.  I run the Pro 9's and have had absolutely no desire to change since I bought them. 

Enjoy!

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 03:02:37 AM »
I am IN  :drool:!!!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 08:21:05 AM »
You got it Bryan!
Great Steve! Now it's a real party!

Offline Inscrutable

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:37:07 PM »
I think I may come up for air and make this.  Look forward to seeing everyone.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 11:20:32 AM »
I'll be there unless something really wacky happens... I'll bring some cables. :)
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Bigfish8

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:58:33 AM »
I am planning to attend and will bring my SP Tech Timepieces & Stands.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »
Looks like I'll be there soon... Just spoke to Brandon... he'll be there as well.
I'm bringing Scott Nixon's new DAC for all to hear... trying to find my digital cables now... It can take coax, toslink, or USB... neato.

I'm not sure if Ken's bringing his Reality SC's... I have a pair and some jumpers... We don't both need to bring them, though...

Looking forward to it!!! :) :)

-C

PS, I'm bringing a camera as well...

Bigfish8

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »
Carl:

I can bring the Reality SCs but Rich indicated you were bringing yours.  Please let me know and I will be glad to bring them.  Timepieces and stands are already in the car.

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 12:17:11 PM »
It'd be great if you could bring them... and jumpers if you have them... I can bring mine otherwise.
-C

Bigfish8

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 12:20:15 PM »
It'd be great if you could bring them... and jumpers if you have them... I can bring mine otherwise.
-C

Carl:

I have the cables ready to take to the car so I will bring them.  The only jumpers I have are the ones that came with the Timepieces and of course they will be on the speakers. 

Looking forward to meeting you and eveyone else.

Ken

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 12:22:47 PM »
OK, cool.. I'll bring the Reality cable jumpers, then... no problem... they make a noticeable improvement..
-C

WEEZ

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »
Can't wait to hear the report :). And see some photo's :)

Have fun..

WEEZ

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 10:18:06 PM »
Rich,

Once again, thank you for your great hospitality :D!!!!

It was good to see the familiar faces, as well as meeting some new ones.

Mine eyelids are about to slam shut...I'll report my impressions later this morning.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Bigfish8

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 05:41:29 AM »
Rich:

I just moved the Timepieces from the car back into their home.  I really want to thank you for inviting me and for the food/hospitality.  It was great meeting all the guys.  I had an ear opening experience as to how important gear and cables are to maximizing the potential of speakers.  My system has a lot of up-side potential and I will enjoy the refinement process!

Thanks again and I hope to have the opportunity to participate with you and guys again.

Ken