Author Topic: All About That Bass  (Read 8241 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: All About That Bass
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 11:30:06 AM »
I was reading a thread on another forum that was addressing how we can get decent bass without the bloat or nodal boom that most rooms have.

Of course there are DSP solutions, which are fine for an all digital system. As long as you don't have to digitize the entire signal and keep everything above 80-100Hz in a true analogue domain that might be a great solution for those who also like vinyl.

Bass traps help, but are broad spectrum solutions and don't address the full issue.

The best way that was suggested is to use multiple subwoofers. Nodal modes tend to get cancelled out when you have 2 or more.

Hmmm, food for thought.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline machinehead

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 12:34:42 PM »
I can't believe that voice comes out of that little white girl lol. My wife loves that song. She has an EP out and has a 50s flavor to all her music. Kind of fun.

I like lots of bass.. I have a sealed 12" in my car attached to about 1000 Class H watts. It can shake the car. Its silly, but sometimes i like to roll down the road with my rear view mirror pulsating and fear that the bass might stop your heart somehow.

I don't think you really need a sub that goes super low though, unless you listen to organ music. I have a REL T9 in my second system and its super musical and provides great bass, but def won't do 16hz.

Aren't most bass lines or bass drums around 60Hz... thats probably the most important to get right.
Its cool ndude.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 07:59:56 AM »
The song won Billboard's "Top Hot 100 Song."

She was very humble and teary for winning.

She's had 3 other top 40 hits since then, she is really on a tear. She sings original pop songs made in 1960's style. Bubble gum, but with some flavor and tons of smarts. Someone behind her is a marketing genius.