Author Topic: EA dspNexus 2x8 customer feedback  (Read 2957 times)

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
EA dspNexus 2x8 customer feedback
« on: June 17, 2023, 04:25:43 PM »
Report back from a customer I just help setup a dspNexus 2x8 with his Eminent Tech LFT-8b speakers, "This thing is freakin awesome!".  Good enough for me!  🙂

Also, he is not using his ROON Nucleus, just streaming Qobuz with his laptop.  🙂
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 04:31:33 PM by HAL »

Offline DRN

• Seeking Help
Re: EA dspNexus 2x8 customer feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 06:05:21 AM »
I cannot find prices on these anywhere?
Why, setup a site like this?
Rogue CM Dark 2SB2000Pro
Fritz Carrera Be SA Stands
CA Emotion SE CMB Carbon Satisfy Arm Phoenix Falcon PS
AT33PTG II Shelter 501 lll
Rogue Triton2  Phono2 mkll
WyWires Silver Series Platinum AES
Yggdrasil+LIM CECTL5 Trans
BS Node 2i Qobuz

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 08:39:41 AM »
The website is at Danville Signal Processing Inc's website.

https://danvillesignal.com/dspnexus-dsp-audio-processor

The prices is $3125.00 shipped in the US.  Comes with a license for Audio Weaver 8.C.1.3.B to run the system.

Hollis Audio Labs is on Facebook for contact information.  I am a reseller and I do the application support for customers.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2023, 05:15:20 AM »
For a customer, setup Parametric EQ's on each channel of his dspNexus 2x8 crossover so he can control the 4 different drivers separately.   It is setup as a 3-way crossover and subwoofer per channel.  He has 14 channels of PEQ for both right and left channels running and can modify them as needed in Audio Weaver until he is happy with the results.

He is using REW with his ACO measurement mic to measure the speakers at his position and do both EQ and time delays.

I have been in the room before the latest measurement process and it already sounded excellent with his room treatments.  He has said it has gotten even better. 

The dspNexus 2x8 system is all about being able to customize the speaker and room for best sound quality. 

Room acoustic treatments are still a big advance in sound quality.  I do that as step one before fine tuning with the DSP processing.  Much easier and always sounds better. 

After rebuilding my listening room and no treatments installed, I use it as an echo chamber and it does that well.  Would not be good for a listening environment until the new room acoustic treatments are installed.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2023, 09:05:24 PM »
Sounds good Rich, except for the echo chamber part.... Are you awaiting materials or you need to make time to do the work or have it installed?
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2023, 05:07:34 AM »
Nick,
I am waiting on an estimate from an acoustician in the area to measure the room and recommend what is needed.

I did it last time 29 years and overdamped the room. 

Got recommendations from GIK but their system does not make a lot of sense to me.  That is why I want to start with a set of measurements and possibly a 3D model of the room to see what is going on.

Offline GDHAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • All we need is music, sweet music
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2023, 09:22:10 AM »
Nick,
I am waiting on an estimate from an acoustician in the area to measure the room and recommend what is needed.

Got recommendations from GIK but their system does not make a lot of sense to me.  That is why I want to start with a set of measurements and possibly a 3D model of the room to see what is going on.

Just curious, Rich. You mention you received recommendations from GIK that don't make sense to you. You realize you don't have to purchase one of their canned systems. You could buy on a piece by piece basis, including DIY if you're handy.
GoldenEar Triton Reference (pair), Musical Fidelity M6si, Schiit Yggdrasil-OG-B, Oppo UDP-205, Emotiva ERC-3, LG OLED65C9PUA, Salamander Synergy Triple Unit SL20, Audeze LCD-X, GIK acoustic paneling
http://halr.x10.mx/other.html

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2023, 03:33:27 PM »
Nick,

Just curious, Rich. You mention you received recommendations from GIK that don't make sense to you. You realize you don't have to purchase one of their canned systems. You could buy on a piece by piece basis, including DIY if you're handy.

Yes, as I have some GIK panels I use for doing shows.

I am good with electronics but suck at installing things.  That is why I want to work with the acoustician first develop a plan and look at what makes sense for materials. 

If I go with SonitusUSA, they have two local recommended installers for their system.