Music Ward > Music Discussion

The best of the worst albums? (Top40's of history)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Folsom:

--- Quote from: S Clark on November 21, 2019, 06:22:20 AM ---Best of the best selling albums... hmmm.   
What about Sychronicity by the Police?  Rumours by Fleetwood Mac,  Darks Side of the Moon, Abbey Road, Crpsby. Stills, and Nash, American Pie by Don McClean, Movin' by Peter, Paul, and Mary,  Led Zeppelin I and II,  American Woman by the Guess Who,  Who's Next, Karlos Kleiber's Beethoven ..... there are sooooo many. 

I think it would be easier to list the worst of the best sellers... anything by Elvis, Thriller?

--- End quote ---

I'm curious about Movin', as PPM have good moments but they usually ruin their own songs by doing stupid things. "In Concert" was almost good.

I'm waiting to stumble upon a Led Zepplin II that isn't trash, and is an RL. Led Zepplin I's good pressing isn't too easy to get. I' not sure I really think I'd play either a lot.

The big question is which ones do you regularly like to play?

S Clark:
A friend has the 180g and the later 200g remasters of Zeppelin I, and I've got my original pressing from the first week it was released.   The 180g was by far the best.  As far as which get played regularly, honestly, none of them.  My taste at 67 years is not the same as when I was 18.

Folsom:
I can understand that. But I see lots of guys your age picking up old music. Almost all of it I exclusively wouldn't listen to.

My tastes change a fair bit, but there's always a few I like to come back to. At the very least I figure there has to be some gems in the sea.

rollo:
The WHO Tommy, Chicago Chicago, Beatles mostly all, Cream Cream, I forgot most of them. Gave up Rock years ago. Turned to straight ahead Jazz and Classical.

charles

Folsom:
If you don't go back to it ever I don't think it really matters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version