Music Ward > Music Discussion

The best of the worst albums? (Top40's of history)

<< < (3/3)

S Clark:
Like Charles, I've mostly replaced Rock with jazz.  I've always been a classical listener.  There are a few Rock/Pop lps that still get some play.  Paul Simon's Graceland gets played a couple of times a year.  CS&N maybe once a year.  "Tea for the Tillerman" maybe once, Stevie Wonder "InnerVisions" maybe once... They are all great lp's. but now days it's Dexter Gorden and Horace Silver that are more commonly spinning on the platter. 

dBe:
I still listen to 90% of the music I was into when I was 18.  I grew up in a family of jazz musicians and grew up listening to everything from Sandy Nelson(Drums are my Beat) to Brubeck, Nat King Cole , Stephan Grapelli, Billie Holiday, CSNY, Poco, Stones, Fireballs. I am from Clovis, so there ya go...  Norman Petty was a friend of the family.  I met Buddy Holly, Shep Wooley, Marty Robbins... a lot of the old guard and just thought of them as everyday people. I’ve always loved GOOD music.  I don’t care what it is.  Iggy Pop?  Not so much.  Cannibal and the Headhunters... uh, no.

I’ve “been into” music all of my life.  I have a Cal Tjader Trio with Ron Crotty on bass Fantasy recording from the late 50’s that is some of the best small jazz music I’ve ever heard.  Oh, yeah: Dave Brubeck on keyboards.

I love Joe Bonamassa...  Coldplay, Little River Band, Patty Larkin, Walter Trout, Brad Paisley, Garth, Lorena McKennit, Clapton, Fourplay, Clannad............ad infinitum..........

Good music just IS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version