Music Ward > Music Discussion

The best of the worst albums? (Top40's of history)

(1/3) > >>

Folsom:
This is a question to all of you. What are the best classic rock albums that were really popular? I mean, let's be honest a lot of it wasn't that great. I'd like to avoid discussion nostalgia. These are things you'd find in the budget area of a record store.

I personally think "Nightmoves" is a very good album despite being overly popular, Top40 (but can't say any other of Bob's albums qualify). Also I'm down for Simon & Garfunkle. Some examples of terrible stuff that I don't think lasts the test of time, Three Dog Night, Bread, Doobie Brothers, etc.....

My intention is to be extremely scrutinous with this search. Another album I can do is Rumors, but I have yet to gain any real appreciation for anything else they did.

Guy 13:
Hi all.
I am not sure if I can share anything or very little about this topic.
I will let others post and then see how it goes,
if I see that I can post something in focus with the subject, I will post.
Thanks Folsom, good idea for that topic.

Guy 13

S Clark:
Best of the best selling albums... hmmm.   
What about Sychronicity by the Police?  Rumours by Fleetwood Mac,  Darks Side of the Moon, Abbey Road, Crpsby. Stills, and Nash, American Pie by Don McClean, Movin' by Peter, Paul, and Mary,  Led Zeppelin I and II,  American Woman by the Guess Who,  Who's Next, Karlos Kleiber's Beethoven ..... there are sooooo many. 

I think it would be easier to list the worst of the best sellers... anything by Elvis, Thriller?

Guy 13:

--- Quote from: S Clark on November 21, 2019, 06:22:20 AM ---Best of the best selling albums... hmmm.   
What about Sychronicity by the Police?  Rumours by Fleetwood Mac,  Darks Side of the Moon, Abbey Road, Crpsby. Stills, and Nash, American Pie by Don McClean, Movin' by Peter, Paul, and Mary,  Led Zeppelin I and II,  American Woman by the Guess Who,  Who's Next, Karlos Kleiber's Beethoven ..... there are sooooo many. 

I think it would be easier to list the worst of the best sellers... anything by Elvis, Thriller?

--- End quote ---

S Clark,
just want to say thet I like Elvis Presley and Mickeal Jackson music and singing.
Not much of a contribution here on this topic, but that's what I think and I share it.

Guy 13

S Clark:

--- Quote from: Guy 13 on November 21, 2019, 06:32:16 AM ---
--- Quote from: S Clark on November 21, 2019, 06:22:20 AM ---Best of the best selling albums... hmmm.   

--- End quote ---

S Clark,
just want to say thet I like Elvis Presley and Mickeal Jackson music and singing.
Not much of a contribution here on this topic, but that's what I think and I share it.

Guy 13

--- End quote ---
Obviously lots of people did.  That's why they were best sellers.  I just don't agree with them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version