Music Ward > Music Discussion

Radiohead

(1/3) > >>

mresseguie:
On Tidal, I played "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley. Once it finished, Tidal went into 'radio mode' (or whatever they want to call it) and played a song I don't recall ever hearing. Halfway through the song, I decided to see what is was because I like it. It turns out it was "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead.

After years of reading posts about Radiohead and how those posters like their music (and my not listening to Radiohead!), I finally stumbled onto that song.....and like it!  :duh

There are so many artists and so many songs that I've already begun losing track of my favorite artists. Just this week I went back to the first dozen or so 'liked' albums to see if I still like them (I do!). I realized I hadn't listened to a couple of the artists' songs in a couple years.   :shock:

I know some of you own thousands of CDs or LPs. How do you keep track of them all?

Over on AC, Asimov must listen to half a dozen CDs/albums every day.

Signed,

"drowning in a sea of music"

tmazz:
Drowning in a sea of music..... that's how I would like to go.  8-[

S Clark:

--- Quote from: mresseguie on November 10, 2019, 11:21:22 AM ---
I know some of you own thousands of CDs or LPs. How do you keep track of them all?

Signed,

"drowning in a sea of music"

--- End quote ---

Keep track?  I just divide and alphabetize. 
Pre Baroque, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, 20th Century- Stereo
All classical together alphabetized in Mono
Jazz- Stereo
Jazz- Mono
Pop/Rock
And a few misc type categories. 
It's not uncommon to pick up a bargain at the record store, to get home to already find a copy.  Or sometimes I discover a hole in the collection.  I was listening to Grieg Lyric Pieces the other day on Prime Music, and went to the collection to get more... with none to be found.  A bit of research to find that recordings were somewhat uncommon, so the next stop was Discogs. 

S Clark:

--- Quote from: mresseguie on November 10, 2019, 11:21:22 AM ---

--- End quote ---
Asimov not only listens to a half dozen classical albums a day, but they are a half dozen of composers I've never heard of.  That's a guy that loves his obscure music. 
... my apologies and correction.  I had confused Asimov with Andolink.  Completely different guys.   :oops:

James Edward:
So funny/ coincidental that you posted this today... This morning I was Tidaling along pleasantly, and then realized that I was losing complete control over the music. I was Ben Webstering one minute, then Wes Montgomerying another, and then Oscar Met Ben, etc., etc.
At home, in the real world, I have cd cases for jazz, rock, new wave, country, classical, audiophile faves, etc. In the virtual Tidal world, I haven't figured out how to control it all. Maybe I don't need to. It's like hanging out with someone that has your tastes in food, wine, TV, movies, etc. Relaxing if you let go. But still...
Not sure if this was where you were going, but your post brought this out.
PS- I am always thinking that so much good music has been, and is being made, that if you just keep your ears open, you'll find new things to love. Here on Long Island, in NY, the left end of the dial has provided me with some great stuff. I believe in most parts of the USA, that end is relegated to college and public radio; some great things can be had.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version