Author Topic: Outdoor Setup  (Read 4022 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Outdoor Setup
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:59:50 AM »
  Well we set up the Maggie 3As outside using the rear of my homes brick wall as the only surface. Placed about 8 ft away from the wall.
  To our guests surprise the sound was open airy with better bass than anyone expected. Live recordings especially shined.
   HMMMM no room no speaker boxes HMMMMMMMM. My next room is no room.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Outdoor Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:18:31 AM »
I was thinking about that this morning in a half awake daze. A room out in the woods (no wind or animals allowed) with walls  and ceiling that rise up hydraulically to open everything up. A flat concrete slab, polished perfectly flat, a foot thick loaded with rebar and a dozen rebars driven 10 feet into the earth bonded together and poured into the concrete for super low impedance earth. A handful of subs in stereo up front to 50Hz and all around to go lower to keep the bass jumpin... Oh and while I'm imagining, throw in a couple dozen nubial wood nymphs wandering aimlessly in the forest, within view but not close enough to bother me.  :lol:

Charles, why do you think the Maggie bass was so good outside? Dipole directivity? House reflection? Did you spend time tuning the distance, or you just knew from experience the distance they like best? 

djdube525

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:33:21 AM »
You could potentially get by with just one subwoofer.  :rofl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36Kp6veJ6c

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 08:45:04 AM »
 You know Rich that was the beauty of it all. I GUESSED 8). Actually the more off the rear wall the better they perform. The bass was not deep as with my sub however very pure and naturally unstressed.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.