Author Topic: Taking the initiative!  (Read 4063 times)

shep

Taking the initiative!
« on: April 12, 2007, 08:45:02 AM »
For a forum named "Nevosa" it surely is populated by a very sane, mature
crowd :lol: Since I live in France I must be kind of strange right? Right.
At my age madness is an old friend. Bet some of you are hesitating to show your true colours? So here's the deal, I just love tweaking and modding and kind of feel a bit lonely in such august, well-ballanced company. So this is an invite to all you lurking tweakers!  Come forth!
I'm into opamp rolling at the moment. I've just finished breaking in a brace of LM4562's in my Marantz '67. They replaced the 627's that didn't work for me. I'm pretty sure these latest are the best I've ever heard but I'm willing to hear whatever is coming down the road. I will trade my 627's for something if you're interested (2, mounted on Brown Dog adaptors). Tweaking and modding is especially interesting for those of us on a very small audio budget and it connects one in a very real and hands-on way with the gear, and allows you to make some very significant changes for small change.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Taking the initiative!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:43:48 PM »
Hi Shep,
Found this today, following mgalusha's tip on this company's buffer. Naturally I thought of you, the opamp guru.

http://www.bursonaudio.com/Burson_HDAM_Module.htm

shep

Taking the initiative!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 12:41:05 AM »
PLEASE! don't even breath the word guru. I'm a little green parrot who follows blindly and repeats what I'm told! Interestingly enough the Brains over at Diyforum don't take the Burson buffer to heart. I asked the question once and was answered dismissively. I've never heard any feedback about their little amp. Anyone?