Author Topic: Anyone Listen to any Country Music?  (Read 7921 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Anyone Listen to any Country Music?
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 06:18:41 AM »
I've thought of one other country artirst I do sort-of like.. Loretta Lynn.  She recently did a joint effort album with Jack White of the White Stripes, 'Van Lear Rose'.  It's a pretty cool album but I don't know of many that would like it...

The album is neither country nor rock and would likely annoy fans of either genre.. It's the kind of thing I enjoy because it's an interesting experiment and I think it works.... But you have to be open minded enough to let it sink in.. it's not complicated by any means... so it isn't something you'll want to listen to over and over.. but I find it entertaining every time I do listen. :)

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Ecramer

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 06:36:38 AM »
That's a great CD I picked it up because of the jack white connection but found it to be a very good effort. whent on to pick up a couple other Loretta Lynn CD's

I've thought of one other country artirst I do sort-of like.. Loretta Lynn.  She recently did a joint effort album with Jack White of the White Stripes, 'Van Lear Rose'.  It's a pretty cool album but I don't know of many that would like it...

The album is neither country nor rock and would likely annoy fans of either genre.. It's the kind of thing I enjoy because it's an interesting experiment and I think it works.... But you have to be open minded enough to let it sink in.. it's not complicated by any means... so it isn't something you'll want to listen to over and over.. but I find it entertaining every time I do listen. :)

-C

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 07:11:34 AM »
Cool.. Loretta's voice is so real, it just makes your heart melt. ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Scott F.

• Seeking Help
  • ...DOH!....DOH!....DOH!
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 08:20:08 AM »
Here's one for you non-country fans. Try Allison Moorer, Miss Fortune.

If you like female vocals (which most audiophiles do), you will quickly fall in love with her voice...not to mention she is pretty easy on the eyes. Soon you'll forget she's a country sanger. Who knows, maybe it will open up a whole new genre to explore for ya'.

SAMPLES
My brain hurts.....

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »
Try the new Sugarland. If you can handle that, you can handle any country out there. Grammy winner, nice lyrics, good song writing, with twang up the wing-wang.