Author Topic: Ground Yourself  (Read 2149 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Ground Yourself
« on: January 29, 2015, 07:18:17 AM »
   Static electricity can affect ones CDP,DAc or transport. Or any device with micro processing.
   What to do ? take a 10GA wire and attach to ground of receptacle either at the screw for the cover plate or with a banana plug into the ground hole of the receptacle.
    Just touch the wire before touching any component. No more little shocks. Gone.
     If one desires there are grounded matts to be had [ Edmund Scientific ] for the intense.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
Re: Ground Yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 09:43:53 AM »
Make sure everything is plugged in too. Especially dacs because you want static to ground out. That is the first thing I do when changing gear out is plugging it back in before recabling and stuff.  You don't need to turn it on though. In fact i don't until it is ready to go.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,