Author Topic: Turning bad situation into something positive.  (Read 23510 times)

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Turning bad situation into something positive.
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2020, 05:43:40 AM »
Nice progress Jim!
How'd you like the sprayer, worth the investment?
Which one do you have?
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2020, 08:15:29 AM »
Nice progress Jim!
How'd you like the sprayer, worth the investment?
Which one do you have?

I bought the Krause and Becker from Harbor Freight. In general I have had good results from their tools. This one was a bitch to prime first time. Also they don't tell you that they use a pressure gage (low pressure turn on motor, hi pressure cuts off motor) So when I was spraying I didnt understand why the motor was shutting down lol. It didnt take too long to figure that out.

I really wanted one to spray the outside of the house. but when i wanted to paint this I figured it would be a pita to do with a brush.

besides the financial investment (not much) there is a time investment to learn to use it correctly. Once you are off and running it is FAST! painting it took less than a half hour probably closer to 20 minutes.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2020, 08:56:28 AM »
Nice, 20 minutes is pretty darn quick for all that area, especially with all the nooks and surfaces!
I'm assuming you bought the $210 one not the $25(?)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2020, 10:06:28 AM »
Nice, 20 minutes is pretty darn quick for all that area, especially with all the nooks and surfaces!

ha ha yea $210. but I had a 20% coupon so i got it cheaper. And yes as my wife said 'I went at it like a Mad man'
Once it was working I wanted to make sure I got done. but now realized I didn't need to be concerned as it was working correctly.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Room Updates
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2020, 04:20:50 PM »
first coat of paint and installed some lighting

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2020, 08:57:04 PM »
You're doing this yourself?!?! Very impressive! Really looking good!

Took me months to do my room over, but I was going to work every day, so only working on the room on weekends and the occasional evening.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2020, 07:42:08 AM »
well, I am doing mine partially myself. I paid a contractor to do the structural and I had someone do the rocking. everything else Im doing. I work now but hope to retire soon. This project started in March and was stagnant for quite a few weeks as contractors were not coming out to work so the project was on hold. Today I am installing outlets, and maybe spray the old paneling in the other part of the basement. Fun, Fun Fun!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2020, 10:18:02 AM »
  Coming along Jim. Looking good.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2020, 10:21:24 PM »

ha ha yea $210. but I had a 20% coupon so i got it cheaper. And yes as my wife said 'I went at it like a Mad man'
Once it was working I wanted to make sure I got done. but now realized I didn't need to be concerned as it was working correctly.

Nobody should ever go to Harbor Freight without a coupon. I must get at least half a dozen in the mail  every month.  :thumb:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2020, 01:02:51 PM »
OK so although I am making progress it would not show up in pictures so I will wait until next week. TMAZZ assisted me with electrical and I have advanced the lighting circuits. I also worked of a suspended ceiling in another section of the room. Today I did some floor leveling. Getting ready for flooring then it starts really looking like progress.

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2020, 06:42:58 PM »
Glad things are moving along, was starting to wonder what was happening ;)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2020, 09:14:42 PM »
OK so although I am making progress it would not show up in pictures so I will wait until next week. TMAZZ assisted me with electrical and I have advanced the lighting circuits. I also worked of a suspended ceiling in another section of the room. Today I did some floor leveling. Getting ready for flooring then it starts really looking like progress.

Good progress, Jim, and nice of TMazz to assist. Maybe you can convince him to do more....like comparing it to the joy of whitewashing Aunt Polly’s fence...Just a thought :)
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
floor is in!
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2020, 10:11:20 AM »
Installed Coretec LVP! Looks OK but I don't like the sound, kind of like, clop, clop.
Last night I did a lot of trim work that is not shown in the pics. I'll post that later. Tomorrow is move in day. But there is still quite a bit more work to be done. ethernet lines etc. accent lighting...

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2020, 12:36:08 PM »
Lookin' good  :thumb:

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
moving in
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2020, 04:09:42 PM »
movers came yesterday and this mornings job was to start unboxing and also to throw out lots of stuff I no longer need.