Systemic Development > Analog Devices

Phono stage advice and opinions needed...

<< < (3/5) > >>

jimbones:
PJL Electronics I hear is good

toobluvr:
ADDENDUM:   For anyone interested,  AudioKarma is another site with a fair bit of chatter about JM gear.....17 pages worth.

James Edward:
I don't know if this is even relevant at this point, but I had the Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme, and I loved the sound. It's another one of those pieces that, with money, space, foresight, etc., etc., I would have held on to. Such is life...

toobluvr:

--- Quote from: James Edward on March 04, 2020, 02:48:09 PM ---I don't know if this is even relevant at this point, but I had the Juicy Music Blueberry Extreme, and I loved the sound. It's another one of those pieces that, with money, space, foresight, etc., etc., I would have held on to. Such is life...

--- End quote ---

I bought one of the early first run Blueberrys waaay back in 2004..... I think?   

Of course, there's always something better....got antsy....sold it....missed it......corrected my mistake by buying a used Blueberry Xtreme 2.  Before Mark disappeared from the scene I had him do all the mods he was offering.  Last summer my tech had to repair something in the voltage regulation circuit.  Apart from that, trouble free.

Enjoyed the BB so much several years ago I felt confident in picking up a used Tercel 2 phono stage.  Still have it and enjoy it very much.  But this too needed a repair over the summer (power supply).

You still see JM gear available FS, mainly on those 2 sites I mentioned earlier.  But they are aging now and might start breaking down.

rollo:
  Brian, stop fooling around. :) Check out the Audio Hungary Qualiton Phono stage. A tubed affair with outboard SS power supply. You can get an a Biz to Biz price.
  I have one and it changed my world. I used a State of the Art Loesch & Weisner tubed phono for years. no longer. www.audiohungary.com

charles

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version