Author Topic: August 3 @ richidoo's  (Read 31978 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
August 3 @ richidoo's
« on: June 29, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »
Please come to my G2G on Saturday, August 3rd!

Jazz and classical music listening will begin at 1PM. There will be no talking allowed until 3PM. After 3 the audiophile bullshitting may begin in earnest, so time your arrival according to your preferences. As always, bring some vinyl or files on flash that you would like to share. RCM available.

I might have the "Horn Free" boxes complete by then, but the speakers I am using now sound nice enough for partying.

New to my system since last year is the Samet i15 integrated amp, and the tuned up Clearaudio TT which is sounding very nice now.

I will need to borrow a CD spinner as mine croaked since last year.

OK, Who's in?!?!  :thumb:

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: August 3 @ richidoo's
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 05:41:17 PM »
Geez, Rich! I thought you were coming to my Syndrome/ Rave on August 3rd!  :rofl:
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline richidoo

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 06:24:33 PM »
Geez, Rich! I thought you were coming to my Syndrome/ Rave on August 3rd!  :rofl:

I know! I was bummed to see the conflict, I was imagining coming up there, as I always do. I sincerely hope I can make it sometime.

But being practical (I hate that,) I will have driven 3000 miles between now and then, and I'm not sure the old minivan or the old fart driver could do another 1200 miles inside a month!

The good thing is that part of that 3000 is seeing you in MD.  :thumb:  Can't wait!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:31:36 PM by richidoo »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 07:37:34 AM »
   Looking forward to seeing you again in DC.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2013, 05:55:44 AM »
I'm in!
Seems like forever  :)!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 06:38:11 AM »
Rich -

toying with the thought of coming down. Maybe we can talk if we meet at CAF.
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »
I'm in!
Seems like forever  :)!

Great Steve!! The party's on!

Yeah, it's been a long drought for the Carolina gang.  Last meet was June 23, 2012! We'll make up for it.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:45 AM »
Rich -

toying with the thought of coming down. Maybe we can talk if we meet at CAF.

I'll be there on Saturday/Sunday Gene. I'll PM my cell#.

djdube525

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2013, 04:52:16 PM »
I hear you on the driving part... roughly 3400 miles to/from Boulder, CO... yeesh!

Count me in!

Dave

Offline richidoo

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2013, 06:51:53 PM »
Thanks Dave!

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 07:56:55 AM »
I will try to attend.... have steroid and nerve blocking injections scheduled that week.... which are looking more and more likely I'm going to need to try as it's not getting much better anymore with just therapy.... the drugs are at least good stuff and mask the issue enough to start getting around more :) ... screwed up disks in your back are no fun :( .......

did finally temporarily clip and crimp together the crossover parts enough to play the Zephyrs, Rich....  best implementation of SEOS I've heard yet... which isn't saying a lot, I know... but these ones really aren't that bad, especially on the tube amps with the AMR DP-777 feeding them.... I pulled out a couple storage books of CDs that I hadn't played in years... it was likely a mistake, but Ryan loved going and swapping the CDs for me so I could spin disks for the first time in 10+ years it seems...  not sure how much of a mistake it was to let a 14 month old play with a $3K transport and put his hands on my disks.... but he loved being helpful so Daddy didn't have to struggle to get off the couch :)

I like the Eminence Definimax woofer much more than the Deltalite....  at lower volumes, even better than the AE TD12X as well....  I've got them tuned too low right now (26hz instead of high 30's... guess I have to cut the ports a bit) and the stock crossover parts are not ideal at all.... but Greg heard them yesterday and really liked them.... so proceeding forward with tweaking them to get them as good as I can before handing them off to him...
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 10:35:31 AM »
Hope you can make it Shane!

Thanks for the update. I'm glad Greg is happy with the sound so far. I'm sure you will corrupt his innocent newbie happiness soon enough.  ;)  Please invite him to the g2g if he is interested.

Alex Lok once said that kids make excellent remote volume controls, and he was right! Wives not so much.

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:00 PM »
Sorry Rich, I don't think I'll be able to make it.
Pictures of the event would be wonderful though!  :thumb:

Bob

DaveC

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
I hear you on the driving part... roughly 3400 miles to/from Boulder, CO... yeesh!

Count me in!

Dave

Yeah, I live in the Boulder area and made the drive to the east coast a few times... not a lot of fun!

I will be seeing Thievery Corporation at Red Rocks on Aug 3rd!  :D

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 09:28:53 PM »
Is it already mid July?
Man sakes alive!
I'm in for the later half. I will save up extra audiophile bullshittery for the event. ;)
I really enjoy listening to music.