Author Topic: H-Cat demo meet  (Read 4999 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
H-Cat demo meet
« on: September 04, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »
H-Cat dealer wants to come up from Charlotte to demo for Triangle Audio Society. He needs to send off the demo amp to another dealer soon. Should we have a special G2G to hear it?  Are you guys ready to come over again so soon?

I can host on Sept 14, 20 and 28. It would be 12-5pm. I have not confirmed any of these with the dealer yet. Just seeing what's best for us.

We can compare it to our own amps if anyone's curious how it stacks up to theirs.

I am excited to hear these on my speakers. He is excited for us to hear HCat too, supposed to be pretty special. We'll see!
Thanks
Rich

Offline richidoo

Re: H-Cat demo meet
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 09:36:25 PM »
The demo is cancelled. H-Cat amp gets its fault ground path through the single ended IC. Dealer cannot verify if the amp is even double insulated. System grounding is an art with H-Cat, and it's not always successful, for $13k. Now the new amp he had is to be shipped to next dealer and some older amp unworthy of selling is to be sent for us to demo. It is constant BS. I'm bored of chasing after wind. It will be at RMAF in The Lotus Group room if anyone cares.
out  :x

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 04:53:30 AM »
You know, there are other hobbies where chasing wind is quite rewarding... ;)  Christopher Cross wrote a song about it... so nice.

Sorry to hear about this getting canned.  Keep hope alive!  Your amp is out there.
I really enjoy listening to music.

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:05:06 PM »
Ahhhh the never ending pursuit of Audio Nervosa continues. (sorry...couldn't resist)  :D

Offline richidoo

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 02:31:50 PM »
Yup, you're right John! Crazy!! But good lessons anyway. Too good to be true either is just that, or isn't worth the chase or price.

Thanks for the mammary, Carl, that song Sailing launched me officially into puberty. I was unaware of hormones until that song and the accompanying girl knocked me completely on my ass. She was so sweet... AND OMG - THE TITS!  :shock: haha  Of course I blew it, and she was rich too...  :duh