Author Topic: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS  (Read 62514 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 10:17:23 PM »
The DigiBUSS is going through a small change right now.  Nothing huge or mind blowing, just a production change to accommodate component availability.  It does not effect SQ, just allows me some attitude in component sourcing.  The difference is +/_ 5Hz in the LF turnover frequency.  I can't hear the difference, I'm just trying to allow for components being 12 weeks out.

Parts sourcing is one of the hardest things a small manufacturer like me needs to contend with in providing the best gear that I can.  I try to stay on top of availability issues.  I'm just glad I caught this one.

The Digi continues to amaze me and my customers.  RFI is running rampant in our systems these days.  I is more than curious that the elimination of it cleans up a system so much.  My greatest accolades are coming from people that have analog front ends.  Seems that the elimination of RFI in the head amp is extremely important.  Makes perfect sense tome.

I hope that those of you that have the Digis will post your results and also suggestions for making it better.  Same goes for all of my products.

At this point all I can say is: Go Denver!!!  I just want to see Peyton get that which has always eluded him...  He truly deserves it.

D
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline imassarano

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 06:00:02 AM »
A few words on my experiences using the DigiBUSS.

I have the DigiBUSS circuit built into a customised MiniBUSS with a defeat switch, making comparisons very easy.

After giving the MiniBUSS several weeks burn-in period with the DigiBUSS circuit engaged, I disengaged it. Suddenly there was an added tizz, a flattening of the sound-stage and image depth, and an added quality to the music that made it seem less natural. All this was quite obvious, though not dramatic, never the less detracted from the listening enjoyment quite significantly, and I soon had to switch the circuit back in to resume my listening pleasure. I found what I heard quite surprising, as I was expecting something much more subtle, and all this after the MiniBUSS and two of the excellent LessLoss Firewall Modules, which together made a substantial improvement!

So, for the price of an inexpensive tweak, Dave offers a very worthwhile addition.
GoldenEar Triton7, Cabledyne Premier Silver S/C Reference Silver XLR, DAC Maraschino upgraded to KING 60V,  Cables, Cocktail Audio X40 Music Server/Streamer, Artisan Silver Cables Hybrid II P/Cs, LessLoss Firewall Modules, PI Audio MiniBUSS+ and Mongo P/C

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 08:09:22 AM »
   Could not agree more. If one owns a digital anything the Digibuss is a no brainer. TV and cable box as well just stunning color.
    It is like buying a new DAC or CDP IMHO. Selling like hotcakes

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 09:58:21 AM »
Have my DigiBUSS on order from Dave. 

Should be very interesting with the MS-3 Music Server and dspMusik digital crossover. 

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »
Having very nice success with my DigiBuss now between Uber and digital components.  I swear I could benefit having a couple more elsewhere in the house where things are generating lots of badness.

But, Dave, I gotta say... 'Go Panthers!'.  It's not often we North Carolinians get football bragging rights.   Should be an interesting game.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 10:45:08 AM »
A few words on my experiences using the DigiBUSS.

I have the DigiBUSS circuit built into a customised MiniBUSS with a defeat switch, making comparisons very easy.

After giving the MiniBUSS several weeks burn-in period with the DigiBUSS circuit engaged, I disengaged it. Suddenly there was an added tizz, a flattening of the sound-stage and image depth, and an added quality to the music that made it seem less natural. All this was quite obvious, though not dramatic, never the less detracted from the listening enjoyment quite significantly, and I soon had to switch the circuit back in to resume my listening pleasure. I found what I heard quite surprising, as I was expecting something much more subtle, and all this after the MiniBUSS and two of the excellent LessLoss Firewall Modules, which together made a substantial improvement!

So, for the price of an inexpensive tweak, Dave offers a very worthwhile addition.
Thank you for your observations on what the DigiBUSS concept does when used in your system.  I'm very pleased that you are pleased and appreciate the review.

Your use of the word "tizz" is one of the best terms I have heard in conjunction with digital noise.  That sense of graininess is a white noise component in the extreme highs.  It not only pollutes the power supply rails and ground plane in equipment, but uses more power than one would think in reproducing it.  It is hard on tweeters, too.

A little more info about Mr. Massarano's special unit. We talked for some time about what to build for his 250VAC application.  Ended up with a hybrid of a DigiMini(MiniDigi?)BUSS using Schuko receptacles.  We settled on the GigaWatt Schukos and I have to say that they are exceptional in build and sound quality.  Well worth the wait.  For any of you Nervous Guys that live where Schukos are the norm I highly recommend them.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »
  AAhhhhhhh  you go Schuko we go Schuko. I think you schuko to sleep soon and dream up new stuff.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 11:23:34 AM »
Having very nice success with my DigiBuss now between Uber and digital components.  I swear I could benefit having a couple more elsewhere in the house where things are generating lots of badness.

But, Dave, I gotta say... 'Go Panthers!'.  It's not often we North Carolinians get football bragging rights.   Should be an interesting game.

Ahum, ahum.

charles

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 11:45:49 AM »
Mike, Charlie.  SB 50 will be very interesting.  Cam and that offense vs the Big D of Denver.  I just hope it is a good game.

Could be brutal...

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »
Remember that the DB was designed to quell the SMPS digital nasties.

If you can, get all of the wall warts together in one location on the opposing branch circuit to your system. You will still get noise on the neutral, but you will have 'some' attenuation on the hot.

You are right about additional noise suppression for D-nasties, no matter what you use.

Noise just sucks.

Offline dpatters

• Seeking Help
  • Audiofool in Happy Valley
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2016, 06:24:59 AM »
Newbie here.  My DigiBuss should arrive next week. It will be installed between my UberBuss and my digital front end. Also have full loom of TWL PCs in the system.  I'll report back with impressions.

Thanks to rollo for breaking it in for me while I'm away on vacation :thumb:

Don P.
Vapor Audio Joule Black
Kinki Studio EX-B7 mono amps
Kinki Studio EX-P7 preamp
Jay’s Audio CD-2MKII transport
Jay’s Audio DAC Signature
Music Hall MMF 7.1/Ortofon 2M Black MM
Graham Slee Gold Era Mark V phono pre
TWL Full Loom
Totally custom UberBUSS

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2016, 06:42:11 AM »
Welcome aboard Don!
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline dpatters

• Seeking Help
  • Audiofool in Happy Valley
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2016, 07:18:57 AM »
Welcome aboard Don!

Thanks tmazz.  Been on Audiocircle a couple years (dpatters).  Moved over here to follow Dave at PI Audio and see what else is happening on this site. I'm also on Audiogon as Dpatterson
Vapor Audio Joule Black
Kinki Studio EX-B7 mono amps
Kinki Studio EX-P7 preamp
Jay’s Audio CD-2MKII transport
Jay’s Audio DAC Signature
Music Hall MMF 7.1/Ortofon 2M Black MM
Graham Slee Gold Era Mark V phono pre
TWL Full Loom
Totally custom UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 08:09:28 AM »
  Hey Don welcome aboard. Break in takes a bit longer than anticipated. Still changing after 150 hours my customers are reporting back.
   The Uber Buss took a little over 400 hours to stop changing and when it did OOOh la la.

charles

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 06:29:55 PM »
It would be nice to try one of these ..... nudge nudge wink wink say no more.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,