Author Topic: Production dspNexus 2x8 update  (Read 503 times)

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Production dspNexus 2x8 update
« on: June 28, 2024, 01:48:01 PM »
The beginning of a new era.

The Danville Signal production ADSP21569 dspBlok has arrived with the firmware for Alpha testing in the dspNexus 2x8.  Will be installing it soon in my EA dspNexus with the AK4499EX DAC's.

Once the firmware is checked out, then full production dspNexus systems will be released for purchase.
Stand by for updates.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
Re: Production dspNexus 2x8 update
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 02:36:28 PM »
The dspNexus 2x8 with the production ADSP21569 dspBlok are up and running with Audio Weaver.

The large test block diagram is running 1.82x faster than the ADSP21469 dspBlok, so my 91% throughput crossover is now running at 50%.  Lots of room for other processing.

The other part is the FIR coprocessor that runs in parallel to the normal DSP processing.  That has been checked with a 22000 tap FIR for sizing that was run.

Listening sounds exactly the same as before, just more processing power.  Now have throughput for room correction work.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 10:06:35 PM »
The dspNexus 2x8 with the production ADSP21569 dspBlok are up and running with Audio Weaver.

The large test block diagram is running 1.82x faster than the ADSP21469 dspBlok, so my 91% throughput crossover is now running at 50%.  Lots of room for other processing.

The other part is the FIR coprocessor that runs in parallel to the normal DSP processing.  That has been checked with a 22000 tap FIR for sizing that was run.

Listening sounds exactly the same as before, just more processing power.  Now have throughput for room correction work.

Looks good, Rich 👍 When/where is your next show? I heard on WBF there's a show coming up in so. California soon. Not really far from me, but I don't think it's doable for me this year
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Hattor Big preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Holo Cyan2 dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2024, 04:03:45 AM »
Nick,
My next show will be CAF2024 in November 8-10 in Rockville, MD.  Just sent in all the paperwork.

The full production dspNexus 2x8 with the upgraded AKM AK4499EX DAC's will be running the system.

Planning on something a bit different than just a listening session this time.  :)