Author Topic: A Big Thankyou  (Read 3410 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
A Big Thankyou
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:09:08 AM »
  To Topround and mostly to Michael Fremer. MF was kind enough to offer his services in checking out my Kuzma StobiS TT.
   It has never sounded better. Some minor adjustments to the arm were required.
    Triode Pete did as good a job as possible with the poor instruction manual when we first set it up.
     MF contacted the designer and got the correct instructions. Thank you all for your help. Very very happy boy here.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: A Big Thankyou
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 06:18:40 AM »
Charles, is that the Stabi S/Stogi S turntable/arm?

I've got that turntable & arm, and while I think I've got it correctly setup, I'm certain there's more to learn.  Anything you can share on those instructions?

Offline toobluvr

• Certifiable
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 07:55:12 AM »
I owned that Kuzma "s" setup and thought the documentation quite excellent.     :-k

I also own the Kuzma Stogi Reference arm and think it's documentation is quite good.  

In general, I consider Kuzma documentation to be thorough, helpful and quite understandable -- maybe the best I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:00:08 AM by toobluvr »
Spkrs: Sunny Cable Tech, Reynaud, Zu, Klipsch, Gallo subs, Wharfedale
TT1: Townshend Rock 3/OL Silver Mk3A
TT2: OL Aurora/OL Encounter Mk3C
Carts: Soundsmith Zephyr,  Music Maker 3, Dynavector xx2-Mk2, Shelter 501
complete: see Sunnydaze system on AC

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 07:09:09 AM »
Charles, is that the Stabi S/Stogi S turntable/arm?

I've got that turntable & arm, and while I think I've got it correctly setup, I'm certain there's more to learn.  Anything you can share on those instructions?

It is the Stogi 12" with VTA tower. Actually nothing ground breaking. The arm was not set to correct height or position. The 12" arm can just be tricky, that's all.
    The instruction manual was not my call. According to the distributor, Manf. and Mikey it needs some revision. I cannot argue with them. minor stuff. The TT sounds absolutely wonderful to me.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 09:12:33 AM »
  Just get a digital tach and get the speed perfect. IMO a big improvement.
   The Kuzma likes a maple plinth below as well. Try ISO blocks under plinth and be happy. Mattes ? So far no major improvement. Oh and as per Mikey CLEAN that stylus. Most sonic issues arise from a dirty stylus. Everything sticks to that little sucker.
   Soundsmith reccos a small piece of blue tac attached to a base. Just drop the stylus on it and then lift off. Extremely affective.
    VTA is also key to better sound. A bit tricky to find the sweet spot but when you get you will know. My cart likes 92 degrees in lieu of 90, go figure.

charles