Author Topic: P.I. Audio Group DigiBUSS coming...  (Read 2904 times)

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
P.I. Audio Group DigiBUSS coming...
« on: April 08, 2021, 04:51:20 AM »
Just got news from Dave that the new DigiBUSS should be shipping soon.

This will provide power for the Orchard Audio Starkrimson monoblocks powering the new Magnetar open baffle planar speakers. 

The new Pangea 32in speaker stands and IsoAcoutics feet are here and ready along with the dspNexus 2x8 prototype.   This will allow the planars to be placed seperatly from the servo subs to better work with room acoustics.

The production baffles should be done in the next 2 weeks, so this will all be ready for listening trials. 

More to come.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: P.I. Audio Group DigiBUSS coming...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:04:34 PM »
Rich,
Am curious if you’ve used the IsoAcoustics before, and if so, with what result?
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 02:01:15 PM »
Nick,
I just got the first set to try.  The baffles are still being stained and clear coated, so still waiting to try them and the new stands.

A friend has the IsoAcoutics stands for his GR-Research N2X speakers, and is very happy with their performance. 

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 04:22:24 PM »
Nick,
I just got the first set to try.  The baffles are still being stained and clear coated, so still waiting to try them and the new stands.

A friend has the IsoAcoutics stands for his GR-Research N2X speakers, and is very happy with their performance.

Thanks, Rich.
Pls do pics and your thoughts on the Isos.
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 04:39:58 PM »
Nick,
Will do.
Rich

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 08:53:47 AM »
Rich,
Nick

Nick, you can find comments on the IsoAcoustic footers over in a thread here titled 'Footers'.    I started with the OREAs under my Devialet integrated amps and found they made a small but nice improvement in tightening up the bass.  My room leans in that direction anyway so I figured anything I could do short of major room treatments would be worth it.   Awhile later I tried the IsoAcoustic GAIA II feet under my Von Schweikert speakers.   Wow, these made a much bigger improvement across the board.   Tighter yet more impactful bass, more relaxed presentation, etc...   I can't say they work as well for everyone but definitely worth a listen - get them on a 30 day trial.

Offline rodge827

• Seeking Help
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »
My Digibuss arrived yesterday and I’m running it in with my AV system for a couple of weeks. Too busy right now with work to listen. Will report back when things have settled down a bit.
"Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."
Alexander Hamilton

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 11:08:37 AM »
My Digibuss arrived yesterday and I’m running it in with my AV system for a couple of weeks. Too busy right now with work to listen. Will report back when things have settled down a bit.

Thanks, rodge. Am looking forward to your comments  :thumb:
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 01:43:14 PM »
Rich,
Nick

Nick, you can find comments on the IsoAcoustic footers over in a thread here titled 'Footers'.    I started with the OREAs under my Devialet integrated amps and found they made a small but nice improvement in tightening up the bass.  My room leans in that direction anyway so I figured anything I could do short of major room treatments would be worth it.   Awhile later I tried the IsoAcoustic GAIA II feet under my Von Schweikert speakers.   Wow, these made a much bigger improvement across the board.   Tighter yet more impactful bass, more relaxed presentation, etc...   I can't say they work as well for everyone but definitely worth a listen - get them on a 30 day trial.

Thanks, Mike. Very good stuff  :thumb:  As I just put the Herbie’s fat dots under the speakers, I’m wondering if spikes, then Herbie’s cone/spike puckies is the way to got. Also cheaper of course... Heard very good things about the Gaia’s, but $200 a set x 2 ....
These costs can really add up. Of course, I can try both methods, but I really don’t like returning stuff... I looked at all the products mentioned in the thread. I think the Gaia’s would sound great. Lots to ponder... I think Jack may be traveling, so I’ll expect he may chime in soon on this.
We’ve got a very innovative group of guys here  :thumb:
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2021, 02:03:52 PM »
I totally understand the dilemma.   I have also tried Herbie's Fat Dots under spikes.  Also used BDR cones for quite awhile.  All good stuff with minor improvements.  Yeah, the IsoAcoustics GAIAs are pricey but they kept me from looking for new speakers so I figure I probably saved thousands of $$ by buying them  :rofl: :duh :thumb:

I've also read really good things about the IsoAcoustics iSO-Pucks.  I think they're marketed more toward the Pro Audio market.   Definitely at a better price point  I have not used them myself so can't vouch for them.   Good luck!

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 03:02:31 PM »
I totally understand the dilemma.   I have also tried Herbie's Fat Dots under spikes.  Also used BDR cones for quite awhile.  All good stuff with minor improvements.  Yeah, the IsoAcoustics GAIAs are pricey but they kept me from looking for new speakers so I figure I probably saved thousands of $$ by buying them  :rofl: :duh :thumb:

I've also read really good things about the IsoAcoustics iSO-Pucks.  I think they're marketed more toward the Pro Audio market.   Definitely at a better price point  I have not used them myself so can't vouch for them.   Good luck!

Well, the Herbie’s fat dots sit between the stand and the speakers. A wonderful improvement and so inexpensive. I’ll ponder this for a while....
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2021, 05:00:42 PM »
Nick

Based on the opinions of people I trust who have looked at the IsoAcoustic patents for both the Iso Pucks and the Gaia's they are identical.  The Pucks have been in use by the professional and recording industry for years and as such the concern is not so much for appearance as is the case in Home audio.  The Gaia's from what it appears to me are IsoAcoustic's attempt to get into the Home Audio arena by making the Pucks more attractive and no doubt those new cases and graphics cost more and account for the almost double the cost.  As to Pucks vs Minis vs Herbies Fat Dots between bookshelf speakers and stands I have tried all three and did not hear a significant difference.  Speakers used were the Carrera's, Reynaud Bilss Jubilee and Harbeth C7-ES3.  The two IsoAcoustic products will change the "sweet spot" on the speaker so based on both your height and seating height you could prefer one product over the other two just for those factors alone.  As to the Gaia's and now Titan's for floorstanding speakers never tried them so can't tell you if they work as claimed or not though most people say they do but the application is different than that of a bookshelf speaker and a stand.  I have tried and used the Herbie's Glider's and they do work quit well especially if you have wood or tile floors. Again my opinions from my usage and everyone else's could be different. 
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2021, 05:16:06 PM »
Nick

Based on the opinions of people I trust who have looked at the IsoAcoustic patents for both the Iso Pucks and the Gaia's they are identical.  The Pucks have been in use by the professional and recording industry for years and as such the concern is not so much for appearance as is the case in Home audio.  The Gaia's from what it appears to me are IsoAcoustic's attempt to get into the Home Audio arena by making the Pucks more attractive and no doubt those new cases and graphics cost more and account for the almost double the cost.  As to Pucks vs Minis vs Herbies Fat Dots between bookshelf speakers and stands I have tried all three and did not hear a significant difference.  Speakers used were the Carrera's, Reynaud Bilss Jubilee and Harbeth C7-ES3.  The two IsoAcoustic products will change the "sweet spot" on the speaker so based on both your height and seating height you could prefer one product over the other two just for those factors alone.  As to the Gaia's and now Titan's for floorstanding speakers never tried them so can't tell you if they work as claimed or not though most people say they do but the application is different than that of a bookshelf speaker and a stand.  I have tried and used the Herbie's Glider's and they do work quit well especially if you have wood or tile floors. Again my opinions from my usage and everyone else's could be different.

Thanks, Jack. That is very helpful. I had assumed that the threaded aspect of the Gaia’s might provide added benefit. I have a call in to Herbie’s to discuss and presume they’ll get back to me. From what you’re saying, the best way to go might be put the threaded spikes back in my B & W speaker stands and try the Gilders. Gliders might be a good way to go on my Pangea stand as well.

Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Jack

• Certifiable
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2021, 05:59:50 PM »
Nick

If you have hardwood floors I would put the Herbies Fat Dots between the speakers and the stands and then if you want to add to the de-coupling of the stands from the floors you could either use the Herbies threaded gliders instead of the stands spikes or the glider pucks between the stands spikes and the floor.  I chose the threaded gliders for use on carpet but on a hard surface floor either would work the same I would guess.  When trying to move a 60 lb. floor stander across pile carpeting I did not want to risk having a spike jump out of the decoupling gliders so I went with the threaded ones instead of spikes. 
JVC QL-Y7 w/ Denon DL-301 Mk II
Vista Phono II
Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III
Supratek Cabernet
Kinki Studio EX-B7's
Holo Audio May KTE
Auralic Aries G1
Verity Otello
(2) Rythmik F12SE
TWL PC's
Audio Envy IC, PC, SC
Inakustik USB, I2S
PSA Stellar P3
Uberbuss

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 07:10:15 PM »
Nick

If you have hardwood floors I would put the Herbies Fat Dots between the speakers and the stands and then if you want to add to the de-coupling of the stands from the floors you could either use the Herbies threaded gliders instead of the stands spikes or the glider pucks between the stands spikes and the floor.  I chose the threaded gliders for use on carpet but on a hard surface floor either would work the same I would guess.  When trying to move a 60 lb. floor stander across pile carpeting I did not want to risk having a spike jump out of the decoupling gliders so I went with the threaded ones instead of spikes.

Thanks, Jack. It’s an engineered wood floor on concrete. I like the idea of spikes on glider pucks.
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS