Author Topic: New Grover IC impressions (August 2007 graphite version)  (Read 46081 times)

Bigfish8

Re: New Grover IC impressions (August 2007 graphite version)
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2007, 05:54:03 AM »
Grover emailed me that the cost to upgrade a pair of 1.0 meter RCA interconnects from the S (graphite) version to the SC version was $75.  Just FYI, the cost for a 1.5 meter upgrade was $85.  I enclosed a few extra dollars for shipping because it was not clear that was included in his quote...

As for comparison of the S to SC RCA interconnects, I was attempting to convey that in my post yesterday regarding my preliminary impressions of moving from the S (graphite) cables to the SC cables:

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=597.msg7013#msg7013

Ken, perhaps I was not describing some aspect you were interested in. If you could elaborate on which aspect of the "sound" you would like me to expand on I would be happy to do so...

Bill:

My bad! :duh  I, for some reason, have always referred to Grover's Graphite ICs as Graphites not the "S."  I thought people that were referring to the "S" were meaning the White Edition that were supplied, I believe, in the first Group Buy. 

Thank you for correcting me and for the review! :D

Ken

jrebman

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007, 06:29:06 AM »
Rich and all,

Just FYI, the prices Grover gave to me a couple of days ago were $75 for a 1 meter and $90 for a 1.5 meter.  He didn't mention anything about postage, but said I could pay either with a check or with paypal.

And again, he said that if people want to minimize downtime, to send the cables in about 2 weeks from now when his backlog is a little less.

-- Jim

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2007, 09:42:15 AM »
Thanks!! :)

BillC

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 12:32:57 PM »
Ken,

Given the many versions, iterations, and upgrades, it is easy to see how my comments could have been unclear.

I should have used the "street" name (graphites) because for exacly the reason you describe; the first group buy also involved a white version of the S interconnect.   :duh 

My apologies.  And the funny part is that I was trying hard to be clear.  Grover's cables need version numbers, which would probably look like the version numbers on Windows...  :shock:

Bill C

Offline djbnh

• Certifiable
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2007, 04:42:50 AM »
Just bit the bullet for the upgrade from the 2nd Group Buy (graphite) ICs to the newest iteration. Will post impressions after the cables arrive and are burnt in.
I concur with other posters regarding the positive attributes of the SC ICs, so I don't feel the need to repeat what's already been said. Nice job, Grover!  :beer:

I also note that although I received the pair of ICs from Grover on this past Friday, by using the IsoTek System Enhancer CD 24/7 for 1.5 days, the ICs now sound fully burned in. I feel that's a wicked nice time savings, and for me made it well worth the cost of buying the IsoTek CD.

YMMV. Happy listening!
“If I discover within myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.”   C.S. Lewis