Author Topic: Hifi Values (or fads) of yesteryear  (Read 8358 times)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Hifi Values (or fads) of yesteryear
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »
Oppo launches it's first DVD player
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2010, 07:15:47 AM »
  Bruce Brisson MIT cables started the high end cable. When you guys were in diapers Sony beta for taping and playback.  George Tice power conditioners.  VPI record cleaning machine, Home theater 5.1.  multi channel receivers, amps, processors. SACD. Digital amps, TVCs, Bullet RCAs, ICs with battery, V-caps, USB DACs, dedicated music PCs.
   Today EVS ground enhancers, Alan Maher CBFs, negative Ion generators, Shulman resonators.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2010, 07:27:52 AM »
Promitheus TVC passive preamp anyone? :rofl:

That might just about cover 2006 and 2007, IIRC.

I was wondering if the Lightspeed might pick up the trend where that left off, but it hasn't happened.

Stevens and Billington trannies were first.  John Bent not Promitheus started the TVC revolution. The double "C" core trannie dual mono TVC was my concept and built by Promitheus.
  Actually LEDs were first used in the Melos SHA preamp. Dartzheel as well uses LEDs for volume control. What promitheus and George have done is offer the concepts in a user friendly inexpensive component.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Regg

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2010, 04:44:05 PM »
The double "C" core trannie dual mono TVC was my concept and built by Promitheus.

I sold my original Reference Dual Mono TVC and still own the C-Core Dual Mono. But the C-Core revision (Reference / Signature) didn't inspire the 112 page thread on AC, nor did it represent the same value.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »
Just a couple more while I'm thinking about it...
Nuforce
Class D amps

Anyone want to scan and do a quick tally to put these things into year-order?

-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2010, 06:57:57 AM »
The double "C" core trannie dual mono TVC was my concept and built by Promitheus.

I sold my original Reference Dual Mono TVC and still own the C-Core Dual Mono. But the C-Core revision (Reference / Signature) didn't inspire the 112 page thread on AC, nor did it represent the same value.

Agreed. The One box TVC was Promitheus' first effort. My concept of dual mono came later.

charles

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 04:05:46 PM »
2007 - Emotiva amps (still great values)

2001 - Odyssey amps (another good value)