Author Topic: Merry Christmas you sleepy heads  (Read 7153 times)

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Merry Christmas you sleepy heads
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 04:25:06 PM »
Yeah, I miss those days with the little ones. 

Wifey's 15 and 19 year olds got in about 12:30AM last night from their Dad's, then the 19 year old got in again at 3AM from his girl friend's (he's been 600 miles away at college and his flights were delayed with weather issues).  I slept in until almost 6AM.  And they left again soon after we opened presents about 1PM for another Christmas.  Saturday we'll leave by 11AM for my Dad's for wifey and my big Christmas, then it's back home for our blended family Christmas tomorrow evening.  Her oldest son and wife (from out of state) will be spending a couple of days with us next week.

So yeah, I miss those simpler days.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »
Roast beast dinner all cleaned up, sipping last drops of red, present wrappings thrown away, fire burnt out, Greensleeves choral playing on the radio. All that left to do is.....

Go upstairs and kill imperial stormtroopers on XBOX! wooohoooo!!

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 09:28:31 PM »
Go upstairs and kill imperial stormtroopers on XBOX! wooohoooo!!
 :rofl: :rofl:
I prefer the COD4 MW2 on PS3, but yea.....I get your point.  :D

Bob

Offline richidoo

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 08:21:26 AM »
My son is 11, he has been begging for Star Wars Battlefront for 2 years, we always said no on the "T for teens" games...  He was almost content with Star Wars Lego games, but Santa thwarted our rules and now we have a little mercenary on our hands.  2 days a week is all he gets, with community service making up the other 5 days.  :D   It's a pretty cool game tho...

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 08:48:11 AM »
My son is also 11 and is a self proclaimed expert sniper with a .50 caliber Barrett.
Having the general attitude about life, level of responsibility, and superior grades at school has earned him the privilege of playing the game. He gets two weeknights and weekends to play. Most of the time he'd rather play Little Big Planet than COD4 MW2, which is fine with me.

"The morning after Christmas" has left us with a house trashed. Little bits of wrapping paper, scotch tape, and presents scattered about. Everybody's happy.
Good times....good times.

Bob

Offline richidoo

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 08:59:59 AM »
Yes  indeed!  One of the best Christmas' ever.  :thumb:

Offline JLM

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2009, 05:07:23 AM »
Well we survived too.  The big family Christmas was at Grandpa's.  Pretty weird since he's pretty much out of it (85, long time diabetic, poor eyesight, poor hearing, has lost much of his motor skills).  I visit weekly to load pills, clean, and take him to town for lunch/shopping.  So I suggested we do pizza at his house (since we hosted last year the other choice were pizza at my brother's family home near Dad's place).  Worked out OK.  We got there a bit later than I wanted and the house was a bigger mess than normal, but the pizza was good (and a nice break from turkey/ham/sweet potatoes and all that holiday fare).

We ended up burying Dad with presents (the youngest kid in the family is 15, so we've drawn a gift truce and just do money for the kids and no adult presents).  Ironically I've been pitching tons of crap from the house for the past 2 years and he needed stuff (all things I'd suggested from my visits and cleaning).  Now he just needs a maid and for us to take the car keys away.

Next we hightailed it back home so wifey could prepare Christmas dinner for our whole blended family.  A much more traditional holiday setting with real Christmas food, presents, tree, and roaring fireplace.  We've cleaned up from most of that so that wifey's oldest son and wife can come back tonight/tomorrow to spend a couple of days (to use as a base camp while visiting family/friends while they're here from out of state).  The other invasion of privacy is wifey's middle son's girl friend (he's normally at college out of state) who comes over unannounced all hours of the day and night.  I stopped counting how many times she has seen me in PJ's, but it still annoys me.  But I got some nice gifts, including 2 Latin jazz CD's, a Houston Person CD, and a Diana Krall Live from Rio DVD (thank you Amazon wish listing).