Author Topic: What Song Have You Liked The Longest?  (Read 2309 times)

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
What Song Have You Liked The Longest?
« on: February 27, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
Like title says- what song have you liked since childhood that you would still seek out and play? Mine is ‘Me and You and A Dog Named Boo’ by Lobo. Not hip, not cool, but great to me. Age 59, song came out in 1971.
Add to this list if you dare.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: What Song Have You Liked The Longest?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 07:57:18 AM »
  God Bless America, sang it in school every day.  :thumb:

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline James Edward

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 02:28:04 PM »
Did not see that one coming!
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 08:28:15 PM »
Jim, it's funny you should post this right now.

I just put up a post about how I recently bought a McIntosh MC 275 in large part, as a tribute to my father. 

http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=7062.0

There was no doubt in my mind what the first piece of music to be played on this amp was going to be. My parents were big Harry Belafonte fans (as a matter of fact one of their first dates was an outing to Prospect Park in Brooklyn, to see a Belafonte concert.) As such the Belafonte a Carnegie Hall was a musical fixture in our home when I was growing up. And as preschoolers, my sister and I always used to beg him to play Mama Look a Boo Boo. I guess at that age we liked the silliness of the song and the fact that it was a story about kids busting on their father. Since this amp was a tribute to him it seemed the only appropriate way to kick things off.

Besides that, the other song that would come to mind is The Beatles I Want to Hold Your hand. Meet the Beatles was the first record that I ever owned personally. While there were many records in the house, I got Meet the Beatles as a Christmas gift and it was the first one  that was MINE.  It was also the first one that I was allowed to put on the "record player" by myself. back then we of course had an automatic changer so I would put it on the spindle, hit start and the player would swing the arm over and drop the needle for me and I Want to Hold Your Hand was this first song on the album, so it was always the one that started of the listening session for me.

That record is beat to hell, but it is still has a place of honor in my record rack. I guess it is just hard to part with your first love.  8)
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline James Edward

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 04:01:05 AM »
I love Mama Look A Boo Boo and still give it a spin now and then. I came very late to the Belafonte party though- I only first heard it 8 or 9 years ago.
 As a preschooler, I remember my grandparents having a Lou Monte album, and clamoring to hear Pepino The Italian Mouse over and over. Of course it now resides in my collection. And of course I still play it.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:37 AM »
 :thumb:
  God Bless America, sang it in school every day.  :thumb:

charles
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 08:56:53 AM »
Like title says- what song have you liked since childhood that you would still seek out and play? Mine is ‘Me and You and A Dog Named Boo’ by Lobo. Not hip, not cool, but great to me. Age 59, song came out in 1971.
Add to this list if you dare.

I remember this upbeat tune and still enjoy it traveling down an old country road 🚗
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS