Author Topic: latest white Grover S interconnects  (Read 16592 times)

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: latest white Grover S interconnects
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 05:33:17 PM »
I want to announce that all first group buy RCA's can be upgraded to the new cable for no charge. 

So, Grover, was the improvement solely in the terminations?   In other words, would there be any change to the balanced XLR pair I purchased in first round?

Thanks!

LKdog

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 06:48:50 PM »
I want to announce that all first group buy RCA's can be upgraded to the new cable for no charge. 

That is a very nice gesture on your part.

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 11:08:13 PM »

That is an awesome offer, Grover 8)!!!

I guess that means no changes were made to the XLR's (??). Also, how will one go about upgrading?

Thanks again, for such a generous offer.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 06:59:41 PM »
Thanks Grover. Can you provide the proper method we can follow to exchange? Is there a significant improvement with the new design?

My ICs bought in the first group buy are all white tech flex and poly shrink. How do I tell if it is the latest?
Rich

grover

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 10:27:43 AM »
Hi Guys, I think you'll like the improvements I've made to the RCA cables. The other cables have not changed. To receive the upgrade send the RCA cables you obtained though the 1st group buy to Grover Huffman, P.O. Box 4734, West Hills, CA. 91308. I will upgrade and return quickly. Please make sure your return address is legible.

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007, 10:37:28 AM »
Grover,

Thanks for offering to do this!

I believe that this degree of customer service can do nothing but alleviate some concerns over your (already fine) product changing so rapidly.

Well done!
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2007, 02:17:42 PM »
Hi Guys,

I think you'll love the improvements Grover has made to the RCA cables.   :drool:

rlmacklin

Offline richidoo

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2007, 02:56:54 PM »
Hmm.. Maybe I should delay sending in the mother-of-all group-buy orders (31 items!) until after my upgrades are done?  8)

Nahhhh... I wouldn't do that ;)

Thanks Grover! When your new patent allows you to go big time with inside cover ads in stereophool then you will be very well appreciated by your customers, and their friends, and so on... :D
Rich

lonewolfny42

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2007, 07:11:57 PM »
Hi Guys, I think you'll like the improvements I've made to the RCA cables. The other cables have not changed. To receive the upgrade send the RCA cables you obtained though the 1st group buy to Grover Huffman, P.O. Box 4734, West Hills, CA. 91308. I will upgrade and return quickly. Please make sure your return address is legible.
Thanks Grover !!! :beer:

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 11:37:23 AM »

Hi Grover,

I have had a chance to test the U8s, they are exceptional sounding ICs. Nice low capacitance, around 45pf/meter. Tight focus, excellent harmonic structure, and homogeneous. The tonal balance is very close to a straightwire, and an excellent reference for use in a system. Audiophiles need a good foundation in the audio system, and the U8s help provide  that in an IC. Haven't heard the S version yet.

(Caveat: I do not own any Grover's ICs, and have no affiliation, in anyway, with him. A good IC is a good IC.) Two thumbs up.

Keep up the good work Grover.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 02:51:54 PM by steve »
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 12:45:57 PM »
Steve,

The latest white Grover S go well beyond the U8 version in my system.
Well worth upgrading in my judgment.

rlmacklin

System:

front l/r: stock Denon 3910 > white Grover S ICs > Modwright SWL 9.0 Signature with Bendix 6900s and cryoed Philips metal base GZ34 NOS 1957 > white Grover S ICs > Odyssey Mono Extreme SE amps with Klaus's "special boards" > Grover S bi-wire speaker cables > Polk Audio SRS-2 speakers (with custom SDA cable made from Grover UR speaker cable)

center: stock Denon 3910 > white Grover S IC > Sunfire Symphonic Reference preamp > white Grover S IC > Odyssey HT-3 power amp with capacitance upgrades > Grover SR speaker cable > Polk Audio Csi-5 speaker

l/r surround: stock Denon 3910 > white Grover S ICs > PS Audio PCA-2 preamp > white Grover S ICs > Odyssey HT-3 power amp with capacitance upgrade > Grover UR speaker cables > Polk Audio Fxi-5 speakers
"

Oyaide R1 wall outlets and Black Sand Silver Ref MKVs feed the 2 "Klaus's special board" Odyssey Mono Extreme SEs as well as the PS Audio Power Plant Premier which feeds via Black Sand Violets the sources and preamps...

Offline steve

• Audiologist
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 12:50:40 PM »
"Steve,

The latest white Grover S go well beyond the U8 version in my system.
Well worth upgrading in my judgment.

rlmacklin"

Just heard that the extreme highs and lows are a little better and the sound is clearer. Beautiful. I already love and recommend the U8s. The S must be really something. Two thumbs up.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:57:57 PM by steve »
Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

shep

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »
Grover, HELP! I think I belong to the catagory of first time group buyers (???) can you check your shipping lists and tell me if I have to send them to you?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2007, 09:16:11 PM »
Yup, that's you shep. I have not mailed mine in yet either, it is too hard to go back to my old wires. But I gotta do it eventually. He says it makes a big difference.
Rich

shep

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 12:05:49 AM »
Thanks Rich. You know this is a real bore...and makes me groan...it brings out the worst kind of angry itch.
I guess I'll just bite the bullet and hope this isn't going to go on and on. So where do I send them?
Thanks