Author Topic: VU DEJA DAC  (Read 11341 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
VU DEJA DAC
« on: December 21, 2015, 12:03:18 PM »
  A new company from NJ headed by Peter Rippa and Carl. Well in a nutshell killer performance with this tubed DAC and outboard overkill tube rectified power supply.
  Tonality is natural with no stress or HI Fi artifacts. We preferred it to the Weiss Medea using a CEC 01 transport. Using 101 or 45 tubes timbre was spot on. Harmonics and note decay off the charts. Top end especially cymbals were quite real sounding.
   To date ALL DACs made SOLD after a demo at an introductory price of $5500. IMO worth every penny.
    Going through a chassis design change to expose those tubes. My friend ordered one and I'm next oh my !!!  No website as of yet being designed.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
Re: VU DEJA DAC
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 03:50:53 PM »
I've had a Vu Jade' for a couple months and it's a winner in all departments.

The old clichés about this and that sounding better is over.

Once you hear it, your pretty well screwed, you won't give a hoot about much else.

My most complex recordings sound so relaxed and beautiful I never want to stop listening.

Karl and Pete really hit this outta the park.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:25:19 PM by Salvo »
CEC TL3N> Vu Jade' DHT DAC> TRL Preamp> NuForce Ref9 V2SE> Intuitive Design Summits> Mad Scientist Heretical+ Digital cable & tweaks> Western Electric 14ga. solid core speaker wire.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 06:47:14 AM »
I've had a Vu Jade' for a couple months and it's a winner in all departments.

The old clichés about this and that sounding better is over.

Once you hear it, your pretty well screwed, you won't give a hoot about much else.

My most complex recordings sound so relaxed and beautiful I never want to stop listening.

Karl and Pete really hit this outta the park.

Grand Slam baby. This one just may be the nail in the coffin for LPs. Or at least a tack.  :rofl:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 07:00:42 AM »
Tube distortion and dacs ... Meh. My Bdp1 into the BDA2 all loosened up and re-fused, running that Harmonic power cable into the dac works it perfectly.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »
  Oh Werd depends on design. DHT [ direct heated triode] very well done.
   The Bryston is a good piece but does not the tone of this one, sorry. Right side of the brain DAC.
    Bested the new kid on the block Lampizator [ tubed  10K ]& Weiss Medea [ SS DAC] 18K in direct comparison.
    When one hears it hooked so my advice is unless one can afford it do not tease yourself. Cause your gonna want it.
    The holy grail IMHO when transparency meets body and soul. LP's beware.

charles

charles

Offline Werd

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 10:55:32 AM »
You have to massage the tone out it Rollo. No dac comes at you perfect. You get that dac out and put her on her bad and give her a good tone rub.  :thumb:

If you are going to tell me  this dac doesn't need a good tone rub out of the box I won't believe you.

:lol:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:58:09 AM by Werd »
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 10:59:13 AM »
You have to massage the tone out it Rollo. No dac comes at you perfect. You get that dac out and put her on her bad and give her a good tone rub.  :thumb:

If you are going to tell me  this dac doesn't need a good tone rub out of the box I will won't believe you.

:lol:

Loosen those screws. Unleash the beast. It needs nothing but a good digital cable and Mad Scientist footers of course.

charles

Offline Werd

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 11:26:15 AM »
What I listen for is prat. The problem with cd transports is the unrelaxed sounding feed into the dac. Files are where it's at and file playback systems will always be the best sounding when streamers and dacs are built for one another. Same internal circuits and power supplies with asynchronous feed into the dac. It's because of the relaxed nature of the sound wilth no loss of PRAT.  Too much tone slows down the sound and its shows up in filler-sound beats. Where is the balance?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:28:05 AM by Werd »
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »
Once you hear this Dac, name brand Dacs on all levels become a thing of the past.

I heard/owned and compared top line Lampy, Yggdrasil, Wadia, EMM, Audio Note 5, Auralic, Berkeley, Bricasti and highly modded Museatex Bidat in my friends systems and my own, none of these came close.

There is an audition option, so you can hear before you buy, that's what I did.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:33:08 PM by Salvo »
CEC TL3N> Vu Jade' DHT DAC> TRL Preamp> NuForce Ref9 V2SE> Intuitive Design Summits> Mad Scientist Heretical+ Digital cable & tweaks> Western Electric 14ga. solid core speaker wire.

Offline Werd

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 05:38:41 PM »
You are probably right I was just beng difficult. 
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 07:08:23 PM »
Nothing wrong with being difficult, I'm one of the worst!  :lol:

As far as skepticism, I'm also difficult to convince!  :lol:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 06:49:11 AM »
    Just had a look at the new chassis showing off those tubes. Classy yet understated.
    Gotta see those tubes. At this time no USB port however a USB/SPDIF converter is in the works.
    Hey Salvo as good as it is you must try a Black Discus device and Magic Tube [ www.madscientist-audio.com ] on the SPDIF cable at the DAC input. Better yet.
     Mad Scientist footers  as well [ better than Stillpoints IMO ] bring out its best. Never ends.  :drool:
     If you want to try some PM me.

charles

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 01:46:17 PM »
Charles, Not that I can afford it, but is there a website or more info on this dac?
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline Salvo

• Seeking Help
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 04:39:09 PM »
Nick, as of yet, there's no official website fully developed, however, I wanted to post a few internal photos here, but have absolutely no clue how to (yet)

Charles, thanks for the offer, but I'm still trying to post photos here from my pictures list in Windows 10 PC.

Can you edit your title thread to say Vu Jade'?  Pete asked me about this last night, just wondering, thanks again.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 04:48:42 PM by Salvo »

Offline mfsoa

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 05:08:24 PM »
Anything I've heard from Carl's hands has sounded great. I'll bet this thing kicks ass.