Author Topic: 16 bits till I die!  (Read 19404 times)

shep

Re: 16 bits till I die!
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 01:39:14 AM »
I'm going for broke soon. I convinced Ray (the Dutch guy who originated the topic on DiyAudio.com) to take on the last  :duh mods to my Marantz. the include a thorough check of the work already done in the UK and the addition of a further mod for his DOS circuit and a new and much better clock-power supply of his own making. For the technical minded, here is his site http://www.raylectronics.nl/index_en.html. Look under 67 mkII ose for the mods. Normally he doesn't do any work for others, just supplys the know-how, but I twisted his arm gently and he knows I'm useless with a soldering iron...I believe the correct term is "begging". He's cheaper and better and  more inspired than my other source and sending to Holland should be safer than to the UK.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 01:51:40 AM by shep »

shep

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2011, 11:27:30 AM »
my old maid re-clothed

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2011, 11:40:31 AM »
Very pretty shep!! I can see why you are dedicated to that player. It has a lot of potential, and you are getting every drop.

shep

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »
The neo- swedish modern look. In for a penny...

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2011, 03:47:19 PM »
That is looking sharp.  :thumb:

Nice job Shep!
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

shep

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 09:17:38 AM »
It's in Holland and I'm biting my nails to the quick! this is going for broke. I worked my butt off for a week to pay for this. Bleeding fingers crossed :shock:

Offline richidoo

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 09:24:56 AM »
Don't worry, it'll be good. You can relax that there's nothing more you can do to it after this.

So are you shopping for a new CDP yet?  :rofl:

shep

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 09:56:54 AM »
No way! I got it back this week. It was a lot of work for him, plus he has a day job and a 3 year old. The previous work needed serious revision  :(. Now I have a new clock and all sorts of interesting mods; star earthing and new diodes, etc. Sounds? outragious. I also have the latest creation from Grover. He finally abandoned the Switchcraft connectors in favor of something much better. Let's say they are very good indeed. No hyperbole. This is the 7th generation I have had in my system...It all works well so I think I am set for a while (famous last words).
While you are sweltering, we are having constant rain and dreary weather. I had to put on the heat!

Offline richidoo

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 11:14:21 AM »
Sounds nice shep! What kind of clock did he put in it? Do you know what DAC it uses? Did you ever upgrade the output stage analog PS regulators?

shep

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:45 AM »
It is his own "Flea+CFP" clock (see http://www.raylectronics.nl/index_en.html) Yes all the output stage has multiple regs. Here's an answer about which dac http://www.tnt-audio.com/clinica/cd67.html

Offline richidoo

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2011, 01:21:17 PM »
Very Cool! Wish we could hear it, after all these mods and all these years!

DAC is NPC SM5872
Rich