Electro Stimulation Ward > Power Conditioning

EMI from CFL audio file...

<< < (2/2)

James Edward:
I’m a big believer in little things for better sound... CFL’s are on the list, along with dimmer switches, auto-on night lights, and USB chargers. I had an AM radio near a USB charger, and the airborne noise within 5 feet was unbelievable.
Another cheap (13.00) tweak was putting caps over unused RCA jacks. Use shorting ones for inputs, and just caps for outputs. Supposedly cuts down on stray RFI getting into the system. Even if it doesn’t, the jacks stay nice and shiny and dust free.
Thanks for the audio demo.

Guy 13:

--- Quote from: James Edward on August 08, 2019, 04:11:16 AM ---I’m a big believer in little things for better sound... CFL’s are on the list, along with dimmer switches, auto-on night lights, and USB chargers. I had an AM radio near a USB charger, and the airborne noise within 5 feet was unbelievable.
Another cheap (13.00) tweak was putting caps over unused RCA jacks. Use shorting ones for inputs, and just caps for outputs. Supposedly cuts down on stray RFI getting into the system. Even if it doesn’t, the jacks stay nice and shiny and dust free.
Thanks for the audio demo.

--- End quote ---

Hi James.
I agree 100% with you.

Guy 13

rollo:
  You can actually take the RCA covers to another level. Check out Swiss Cables Silent Plugs. Using them eliminates resonance as well. Yes I am a dealer of such. www.swisscables.com

charles

satfrat:
Lat year, I converted all the bulbs in my house to 6000K LED's. I hate yellow light plus I feel white light that's as close as possible to 6500K is both healthier and makes me feel happier & more alive mentally. Now if it benefits my audio/video system, I'd call that a win-win!

Cheers,
Robin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version