Systemic Development > Amplification and Preamplification

WTB Dynaco st 70

(1/4) > >>

TopRound‎:
Looking for a Dynaco ST 70 if any available , broke is fine(preferred) as its going to be fully restored.
The monos would be great too...

thanks in advance

mike

ejk:

--- Quote from: TopRound‎ on November 26, 2022, 02:07:31 PM ---Looking for a Dynaco ST 70 if any available , broke is fine(preferred) as its going to be fully restored.
The monos would be great too...

thanks in advance

mike

--- End quote ---

https://www.usaudiomart.com/search.php?keywords=dynaco

I would just go with this.

https://www.china-hifi-audio.com/willsenton-tube-amplifier-c-77/willsenton-r8-kt88el34-x4-tube-integrated-amp-power-amplifier-headphone-p-2268

steve:
No mention of 120vac in specs nor channel separation. I would stick with the ST-70
and back to original.

If you want improved, upgraded sound, might check out SE-70, 3rd modification by
Pro Musica from Champaign (not Chicago). Even the second addition is quite good.

cheers

steve

ejk:

--- Quote from: steve on November 28, 2022, 04:15:56 PM ---No mention of 120vac in specs nor channel separation. I would stick with the ST-70
and back to original.

If you want improved, upgraded sound, might check out SE-70, 3rd modification by
Pro Musica from Champaign (not Chicago). Even the second addition is quite good.

cheers

steve

--- End quote ---

Comes in 120v

Have one since the summer. Mike has heard it

Features
Pure hand-made, the whole machine is welded with scaffolding.
Use a square power transformer specially developed for this machine.
The output transformer uses two high quality wideband EI output transformers.
The voltage amplification and boost stage uses a 6SN7 for power supply filtering.
The voltage amplification stage and the push stage use two pairs of 6SL7 and 6SN7 tubes, respectively.
The rear stage uses four KT88/6550/EL34 tubes for class AB single-ended power amplification.
Triode and ultra-linear selection are available.
External independent BIAS-ADJ current display header.
External EL34/KT88 tube selection function, easy to replace different types of tubes, adding endless fun.
Infrared full-featured remote control.
Use thick silver plated signal leads.
With pure post-level function, it can be connected to independent preamplifier signal input.
Power on mute delay function (about 30 seconds).
Select Japanese ALPS high-end motor potentiometer.
Easy-to-install plug-in tube shield.

Product parameters:
Frequency effect: 10Hz 40kHz (+/-0.5db)
Total harmonic distortion: 1% (1kHz)
Signal to noise ratio: 91dB
Input sensitivity: 380mv (when Integrated amp input) 820mv (when pure power amp input)
Input impedance: 100KΩ
Output impedance: 4Ω, 8Ω
Power supply voltage: 230V ± 5% (50Hz) ~ 115V ± 5% (50Hz)
Machine volume (400*200*390) (W*H*D) mm
Use vacuum tube: 6SN7*3.6SL7*2.KT88*4/6550EH*4/EL34*4
Power consumption: 310W
Net weight: 26kg -90%
Rated output power:
25W+25W (RMS triode working state)
45W+45W (RMS ultra linear working state) (KT88)
25W+25W (RMS triode working state)
40W+40W (RMS ultra linear working state) (EL34)

TopRound‎:
The Wellsington was very good! It would give most tube amps a run for their money.
Only reason I want the Dynaco is I want to do a vintage dynaco amp/pre/speaker combo.
The hardest thing to find in audio is synergy, and the st 70 with the Pas3 and dynaco A 25 speakers synergize extremely well.
All for very little money. They are simple designs that are easy to upgrade(need) and the upgrades yield huge improvements.
And its cheap.
Going to resurrect one of my turntables and play some of the thousands of records I have.
Fun little project

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version