Systemic Development > Amplification and Preamplification

Upgrade Mosfets

<< < (2/6) > >>

rollo:

--- Quote from: S Clark on October 24, 2020, 05:04:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: HAL on October 23, 2020, 09:12:24 PM ---... That would drop the device output impedance in half and allow greater output drive current capability. 

It would also double the input capacitance of the MOSFET device, so mods to the driver stage might be needed...

--- End quote ---
... so, more headroom, more open and spacious???

--- End quote ---

Maybe. Are you able to hear one before mod ? Hard to say the outcome.

charles

HAL:

--- Quote from: tmazz on October 25, 2020, 10:23:17 AM ---Does the double Mosfet mod change the output power?

--- End quote ---
The double MOSFETs should give more output power to low impedance loads if the power supply can handle the extra current required.

S Clark:
Well, when George gets back to me, hopefully before I leave this planet, I'll pass along what he says about it.  This old amp has been sitting too long, and needed to be junked or repaired, so inquiring about an upgrade was also a motivation to get him to respond to my repair request.  I also sent him a pair of 17 000 uF caps that can be strapped to the original power caps.  It will be interesting to see how he responds. 

S Clark:

--- Quote from: rollo on October 26, 2020, 08:42:48 AM ---

Maybe. Are you able to hear one before mod ? Hard to say the outcome.

charles

--- End quote ---
Well honestly, I haven't heard it in 7-8 years as I replaced it with a Moscode 401HR that had some upgrades.  It's been driving my GR  LS9's ever since.

tmazz:
I have to say, over the years my Moscode 600 made 3 trips to George for upgrades and I was always very happy with the results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version