Author Topic: New member Twooper  (Read 3450 times)

Offline twooper

New member Twooper
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:59:48 AM »
I just happened to come back from the Montreal audio show {https://montrealaudiofest.org/site1/home} where I go every year to listen to equipment way out of my budget. Six thousand dollar Headphones and amp. Tens of thousands of dollars of stereo systems. Its my way of referencing the state of the art so I can be a better judge of my own system which I cobbled together from parts. I have modified Kefs and an active crossover system based on the Beringher DCX2496. In all 5 amps per side or 5 way speakers. Its complicated to EQ. I use REW and a sound meter and MCACC on my pioneer SC-25 which is the control amp. Its a 5.1 surround system. The sides and rears have conventional crossovers. I don't use a subwoofer and have two 12inch in my fronts driven with an INUKE 3000. I had a sub for a while but I find stereo bass much better. I do have bass shakers in the couch I can switch on if I want to feel the base.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: New member Twooper
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 03:58:47 PM »
Welcome and glad you found us! That’s an interesting setup. Which kefs are you using?
Nick B
Administrator
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: New member Twooper
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »
Welcome!   :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe