Author Topic: Best improvement to an amplifier  (Read 18947 times)

Phil

Re: Best improvement to an amplifier
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 03:17:34 PM »
-- Dedicated circuit
-- power cord
-- perhaps an upgrade? (my Butler 2250 is now with Mr. Butler getting upgraded.  The tubes are "hard-wired" in place so cannot be easily swapped out).

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 03:57:38 PM »
What's being upgraded on the 2250? Sounds interesting!!
Thanks

Phil

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 07:58:46 PM »
re the Butler mod:

It seems like there are a few things they do, but they are not very informative about what all the mods are.  However, they do say the best mod is a "deep re-bias."  Hey, if you know what that is, please let me know.   :lol:

I'm just a sucker for mods/upgrades and want to hear it for myself.  The designer himself does the mods, so I'm confident that there will be an improvement.  The price for the mods is modest, so this is an experiment that seems worth doing.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 05:20:05 AM »
BK is a swell guy, and a fellow trumpeter, I trust you are in good hands. ;)  I'm looking forward to hearing the latest, updated Monads.  I will get to hear 2250 first time this weekend.  "Deep re-bias," huh? Sounds intriguing!
Thanks
Rich

lonewolfny42

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 11:18:43 PM »
re the Butler mod:

It seems like there are a few things they do, but they are not very informative about what all the mods are.  However, they do say the best mod is a "deep re-bias."  Hey, if you know what that is, please let me know.   :lol:

I'm just a sucker for mods/upgrades and want to hear it for myself.  The designer himself does the mods, so I'm confident that there will be an improvement.  The price for the mods is modest, so this is an experiment that seems worth doing.

Please let me know how this mod turns out...thanks Phil. :beer:

........Chris

Phil

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 04:46:25 PM »
Chris,

Will do.  Since BK himself does the mod it does take some time in the shop awaiting his attention.  I'm trying to be a "patient audiophile" but that may be an oxymoron (no jokes here please). 

Phil

EricH

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 06:46:50 AM »
For me power cords.

EricH

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »
O should have mentioned they are Black Sands