Author Topic: What is a preamp?  (Read 27163 times)

Offline steve

• Audiologist
Re: What is a preamp?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2007, 07:33:36 AM »
Thanks for the info MG.

And thanks for the welcome gentlemen.

I just setup my signature so all will know I am a manufacturer, that I have an affiliation, my company.

Cheers.

Steve Sammet (Owner, Electron Eng, SAS Audio Labs, Ret)
SAS "V" 39pf/m 6N copper ICs,
SAS Test Phono Stage
Acutex 320 STR Mov Iron Cart
SAS 11A Perfect Tube Preamp
SAS 25 W Ref Triode/UL Monoblocks
2 way Floor Standing Test Speakers

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2007, 07:54:54 AM »
That's cool you added your sig, it's appreciated.  But so you know... There is no requirement to do that here on AudioNervosa... We don't have an 'FAQ'... We like freedom.  You could be plain ol' Steve if you want. 8)  There are no manufacturer forums here and I hope no ones holds their breath about anyone's products... So far we just tell it how we hear it... I really like the analysis and honesty of comments I've read here.

The only real rule we have is to stay out of truly dangerous topics like religion and politics... which was decided on day 1... and so far has been our only real rule.  Hope things continue like they are...

Sorry for the interruption... I just wanted to be clear this site isn't run like other forums you may enjoy. ;)  Back to your preamp discussion....

-Carl
I really enjoy listening to music.

WEEZ

« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2007, 08:31:30 AM »
mgalusha,

As near as I can tell, the Goldpoint Mini V and the Dact are pretty much the same type control, except for the attenuation values at the 'bottom' of the range. They both use an ELMA switch..and seem to be 'series' type attenuators.

Anyway, IMO, once you use one of these...it's hard to go back to a traditional pot. Very precise controls. Absolutely love mine :)

WEEZ