Author Topic: Anyone here NOT using a power conditioner?  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
Anyone here NOT using a power conditioner?
« on: April 20, 2022, 06:22:15 AM »
Can't say I've tried many but the ones I did try did nothing.

Is my electricity clean or maybe I just cant hear.
I do have a dedicated 15 amp line so maybe that helps.

I'm using all TWL cables. One plugged directly into the wall feeding a PS audio juice bar
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Anyone here NOT using a power conditioner?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 10:24:28 AM »
I don't use one.  Danny Richie brought one of Dave's early ones by years ago, and I couldn't hear a difference (Danny could).  But much of my stuff is run on batteries.  I live in the country, and I'm the only one on my transformer.  ... and I don't hear anything above 5KHz
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 10:26:55 AM by S Clark »
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 11:28:21 AM »
I use Dave’s UberBUSS and, for me, it’s a must have product. I live in a city of 80,000 and 180,000 in the county and there’s lots of noise on the power lines. My hearing is quite good.
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline James Edward

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 02:31:10 PM »
None here- I plug the integrated directly into the wall, and use this for everything else- it has no fuse, circuit breaker, light or switch. https://www.basilaudio.com/products/nana-wiremold-l10320-power-strip/
It’s also overpriced, but relatively speaking in the audio world, I won’t complain.
I use Shunyata PC’s on my equipment, FWIW.
I tried a power conditioner once, but the conditioner itself emitted a high pitched sound that I could not abide. I was told I most likely have DC on the line causing the whine. Truthfully I never pursued it to see if that was the case. It seems fine as is, though I do unplug and freak during thunderstorms.
Luxman L- 590 AX MK2
Esoteric K-07X
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
Audience Au24SE
PI Cat6
Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S
Stereo Hsu ULS-15 Mk2
Supra Classic 6.0

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 05:16:22 PM »
well, obviously am.  Stripping the noise that you don't think is riding on your power is essential to great sonics. It is like washng the windows and then taking the glass out entirely between you and the music.

We get 'used to' listening through the grunge thinking it is normal.  With total return on my products of ~ 0.3%, my customers obviously found the same thing.

NOISE SUCKS!
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline dflee

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 05:59:12 PM »
I've been with and without and that's why Dave's got so much of my hard earned cash.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2022, 10:50:51 PM »
I've been with and without and that's why Dave's got so much of my hard earned cash.

Don
Thanks, Don.  The kudos are greatly appreciated!

You learned 😁
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 09:38:25 AM »
No Uberbuss for me, mostly because of a lack of rack space (seeing as how my system is now in the living room I have to keep it contained and looking tidy). But I do have to say they the Digibuss did wonders for my digital front end. Definitely one of those things that you will not get away from me without prying it from my cold dead hands.  :thumb:

Emil you are close enough to me that we could set up a play date if you want to hear what mine would sound like in your system.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 08:16:31 AM »
I use one for everything but my main L&R channel amplifiers. My system sounds more dynamic when the amps are plugged directly into the wall, a dedicated 15 amp circuit with a single unbroken run of 12 gauge all the way to the main box. My main reason for the conditioner is that I need the extra outlets, I have 8 various components plugged into my "conditioner". I do feel it's nice, that when there is a power outage, the unit does not return power to the components until I reactivate it, so there is no bouncing on and off during the cycles the power company sometimes goes through when they bring power back up...

2022-04-22_10-54-08 by Barry, on Flickr
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 12:25:48 PM »
  We have found the best solution for power. Use several dedicated lines. One for digital two for amps and one for analog. Condition each line. Expensive yes. Worth it yes IOHO.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 05:53:55 AM »
Does anyone know if PI Audio will be producing the Buss again ? Dave ?
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2022, 11:27:28 AM »
Does anyone know if PI Audio will be producing the Buss again ? Dave ?
I'm taking up the slack  serving AN members until the new company gets up to speed.  It is taking a while due to conflicting schedules, but will happen soon..

Check your PM...

Offline malloy

• no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2022, 09:11:41 PM »
I have a budget Emotiva CMX with filters in it. Aside from providing me an extra outlet to plug my gear into, it did absolutely nothing to make the sound better.

I started with Dave's DigiBuss for the front end and computers and worked my way to a MiniBuss. BOTH of these are not going anywhere. Without these, the sound becomes homogenized, loses detail and dynamics.