Author Topic: Porcupine Tree  (Read 2954 times)

Offline Bill O'Connell

• Obsessively Audiophilic
    • http://www.morningstaraudio.com
Porcupine Tree
« on: October 30, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »
I'm probably late with this band but for some reason this band just tickles my fancy with some great guitar riffs and harmonies.
favorite songs, 1.Trains
                     2. Shesmovedon
                     3. Stars Die

Anybody else listening to these guys?
Bill O'Connell,
Retired /Morningstar Audio/Eastern Electric distributor for North America
847-255-1150
"If your playing more than 3 chords your just showing off"  John Lee Hooker

Offline allenzachary

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Porcupine Tree
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 04:02:48 AM »
I've given them a brief listen.  A guy with whom I work is a gonzo fan and keeps pushing them on me.  Pandora also deals me a song or two from them on occasion,

Impression:  Latter day prog rock...newish Marillion, (who themselves were the New-Old Genesis during the '80's), with a touch of Pink Floyd for good measure.

Enjoy.

Offline rlmacklin

• Certifiable
Re: Porcupine Tree
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:14:05 AM »
I posted the Porcupine Tree tourdates in the southeastern US over in the Live Shows section back in August.
Unfortunately I could not go to the

Mon 29 Oct - ATLANTA, GA, ROXY

show,
but last evening I did receive and listen to the "Fear of a Blank Planet" DVD-A (with "Advanced Resolution 5.1,"  "Advanced Resolution Stereo,"  DTS 5.1 (and also LPCM stereo if I recall the audio selection choices correctly). Plus - if that isn't enough - 3 films, all with 24-bit stereo & 5.1 DTS too. It arrived from UK by Royal Mail.

You can order this at
http://www.burningshed.com/store/porcupinetree/product/169/639/

I listened to the "Advanced Resolution 5.1" and find the surround mix by Steve Wilson to add to my enjoyment of all the tracks over the CD I've had for quite a few months.