Author Topic: Its the source of course  (Read 11111 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Its the source of course
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2007, 08:12:20 AM »
Some of Steve's comments made me think of a sort of grouping of important synergistic areas...
As in, these are combinations of gear (or groups) that folks try to find synergistic matches within:

General:
1 Amp/Speaker Cable/Speaker/Room size and type
2 Preamp/Amp/Interconnect/Tubes, etc.

Source/Cabling:
3 Transport type/DAC/Digital Cable/Interconnect, tubes, etc.
4 Turntable/Cartridge/Arm/Interconnect/transformers/preamp, etc.

So, those are 4 big areas where I see folks working generally.  There are numerous ways to get it wrong but there aren't a lot of unbreakable 'rules' either.  You can get good reproduction in a number of ways.  And while we work on these things independently, each area is dependent on the other.  So, a blanket statement that any one area is the most important can't be made of a system with several components.  You'd have to define a 'source' anyway... is it a system of synergistic parts itself?  If so, which part of the source group is the most important? ;)

The only thing defining what is most important to us is what peaked our interest the most...  And that's the most important part of the system... The one that makes you smile. :)

-C

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 09:07:01 AM by Carlman »
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2007, 09:57:11 AM »
Very nice Carl. :clap:
Thanks

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2007, 09:23:26 AM »
Some of Steve's comments made me think of a sort of grouping of important synergistic areas...
As in, these are combinations of gear (or groups) that folks try to find synergistic matches within:

General:
1 Amp/Speaker Cable/Speaker/Room size and type
2 Preamp/Amp/Interconnect/Tubes, etc.

Source/Cabling:
3 Transport type/DAC/Digital Cable/Interconnect, tubes, etc.
4 Turntable/Cartridge/Arm/Interconnect/transformers/preamp, etc.

So, those are 4 big areas where I see folks working generally.  There are numerous ways to get it wrong but there aren't a lot of unbreakable 'rules' either.  You can get good reproduction in a number of ways.  And while we work on these things independently, each area is dependent on the other.  So, a blanket statement that any one area is the most important can't be made of a system with several components.  You'd have to define a 'source' anyway... is it a system of synergistic parts itself?  If so, which part of the source group is the most important? ;)

The only thing defining what is most important to us is what peaked our interest the most...  And that's the most important part of the system... The one that makes you smile. :)

-C

Carlman,
              Very good explanation. Makes alot of sense. Now were getting somewhere.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.