Author Topic: Tweak of Tweaks  (Read 31402 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Tweak of Tweaks
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »
Or do what I did.

- get a butcher block cutting board at Ikea @ $10
- get 2 sets of squash balls @ $5 for 3 balls

Wallah - home made Ginko Cloud for less than $20

Not quite as the squash balls have well no balls. Use those blue handballs instead. do not forget the infamous tennis balls either.
   Your balls may vary and sound different as well.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »
Anybody ever try air bubbles as a platform?
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »
I can't I just can't  :duh :duh :duh
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Werd

« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2015, 09:25:06 PM »
Spit it out I wanna hear it  :rofl:
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Werd

« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2015, 04:16:48 PM »
Just wandering where my mouse-pads are in the tour?
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »
Anybody ever try air bubbles as a platform?

Do you mean putting an inflated innertube under a wooden platform? I have read about this but with turntables.

Offline sleepyguy24

« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2015, 07:12:40 PM »
Just wandering where my mouse-pads are in the tour?

Glad to hear people did the mousepads tweak too. I have 2 sets of 20" mouse pads under my Oppo BDP-83SE and I think it is fine tweak. I never did an A/B with & without it but it was an inexpensive tweak.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 07:17:43 PM by sleepyguy24 »

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #82 on: April 02, 2015, 08:29:36 AM »
  The air bladders work. Using Arcicci Airheads under the amps. Bigger stage, and clarity to boot. For TT an iffy affair . Getting the TT level is a bitch. Then keeping the tube inflated is worse.
   IMO the ole sand box with wood plinth is still King. The box made of wood and decoulped from the rack is key. If not sand filled then either tennis balls or the blue rubber hand balls. fit as many as you can in the box.
  Jim your handy make a box and try it.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2015, 07:52:58 AM »
  When to Tweak is the Question. Remove every tweak you have done and listen. Then starting with the source start over one at a time. Listen to each tweak reinserted.
   Start with the power cords first. When all gear has the upgraded PC give it a serious listen. Then add footers starting again with front end. Then add any other tweaks like weights, plinth material,cable lifters,
     You may learn that a tweak or two was unwarranted or dead on. Have fun and learn more about your system. have fun.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2015, 12:55:23 PM »
   So after several cocktails I'm looking at this box of "Spyder" golf cleats. Hmmmm they might be good as footers.
   The box opens take four out and put under CDP . Holy footers Batman. Not groundbreaking but affective in opening up the sound.
    The next day with no cocktails conformation. They work and well. Go figure.

charles

Offline KLH007

• Seeking Help
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »
Charlie, Now you have to try other brands of cleats, especially the old school metal (brass) cleats. Golf balls are next? Tees?
   Dramatic ends to both PGA & LPGA tournaments. Furyk comes from behind on the back 9, and S Y Kim holes out from the fairway for an eagle victory in sudden death playoff after chipping in from the fringe to tie on 18.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2015, 07:04:11 AM »
   Great finishes for sure. The cleat used is unique in that it spreads under weight. That is what intrigued me to try.
   Harmonix sells a footer very similar looking for big bucks which I was surprised to see after the cleat discovery.
   I need to get out more.

charles