Author Topic: Tweak of Tweaks  (Read 31373 times)

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
Re: Tweak of Tweaks
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »
Unlike what Tommy of Digital Amp Company preaches in his commercially driven "Truth in Audio" thread on AC, whereas he calls tweeks bullshit ripoffs, I would personally call his thread BS in general. :roll:

In my mind, the only truth in audio is of a personal nature,,, there's no "one size fits all" audio. Plus I am a tweakfreak at heart, my system reeks of snake oil.  :rofl:

Of the many many tweaks in my system, I would highlight Acoustic Revive's RR-888 Ultra Low-Frequency Pulse Generator. Not only does this Schumann Resonance widen the sound stage and sharpen video in my A/V system, I feel at ease when it's on. I feel there's a health benefit happening here. I actually own the original RR-77 with a KingRex power supply but I've read the 3rd generation RR-888 has 4 times the strength of the RR-77. Makes me wish I wasn't retired and unable to afford upgrading my tweaks.  :duh  :drool:

And that's my truth. :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Its clear none of those clowns over on that thread listen to their own system. If they did that thread wouldn't exist.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »
  Be nice Guys. Misguided maybe but not Clowns. Maybe we need a " Truth" thread ???
    We could call it " Personal Truth" Who's game ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »
     Yes the Acoustic Revive products in general are very affective. I;m using several Salt Crystal lamps instead. not the same power of the AR generator however affective.
    Yes Robin creates a very relaxing environment and cleans the air at the same time. noticed a more open sound with better focus and clarity how about you ?

charles

I've read a lot about salt lamps and ion generators Charles and I do believe a relaxing healthy environment lends itself in audio/video enjoyment, and it definitely falls in the category of tweaks. How can it not?

Unfortunately I can only pack so much in a 11' x 17' x 7.3' room. I do use Blue Air Purifiers that have ion generators in them but other than that, the only thing I use for the actual listening environment (other than room treatments) is the Acoustic Revive RR-77. If I could do anything, I'd upgrade to the RR-888 but salt lamps might be more affordably obtainable at this time. Something to think about,,,,,,,,

Oh yeah, just like to say I do personally like Tommy and I do really like his digital amps when I've heard them paired with a tube preamp so to temper what I perceive to be a too sterile clarity for my personal liking. It's only some of his comments pertaining to tweaks in his thread I disagree with and that's actually the only reason I even brought up Truth In Audio.  :D

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »
  Hey Robin no problem, agree 100% with your reasoning. It is difficult for me to take any designer seriously if he or she bad mouths tweaks and stuff like cables. Drives me nuts actually.
   Back to chill'n with my lamps. They seem to relax me very much as well look good.
    Smells like the Ocean to me when in the room. As you say relaxing and primed for music. PRICELES.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 01:40:39 PM »
If I could do anything, I'd upgrade to the RR-888 but salt lamps might be more affordably obtainable at this time. Something to think about,,,,,,,,

Robin, I have seen salt lamps at Home Goods for $20 - $35 a piece, depending on size. If they have a retail store in your area it might be worth checking out. In addition to whatever they do ion wise I happen to think they throw a nice warm light to listen by. I like to shut off all the lights in the room with the exception of my two salt lamps during late night listening session. I find the light they throw off very relaxing, and that is even before the salt crystal heats up enough to disperse any ions.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Werd

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 04:39:35 PM »
  Hey Robin no problem, agree 100% with your reasoning. It is difficult for me to take any designer seriously if he or she bad mouths tweaks and stuff like cables. Drives me nuts actually.
   Back to chill'n with my lamps. They seem to relax me very much as well look good.
    Smells like the Ocean to me when in the room. As you say relaxing and primed for music. PRICELES.

charles

Manufacturers like to dismiss all other components other than their own. Cables get beat on like the red-headed step sons of audio. They all like to beat on cabling. Speaker manufacturers like to take a licking to amp and source gear too. It is because they want the entire audio budget spent on their component. Speaker manufacturers are brutal for this.

If you have $5000 to spend, all speaker manufacturers will want you to spend $4k on speakers and $1k on everything else. So you can see how cabling spenditures get squeezed out. "You don't need cabling they all sound the same" - says most speaker manufacturers. All to get more money in their pocket.

They can all go eff themselves really hard with a long broom handle and jar of vaseline.
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline satfrat

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:43 PM »
If I could do anything, I'd upgrade to the RR-888 but salt lamps might be more affordably obtainable at this time. Something to think about,,,,,,,,

Robin, I have seen salt lamps at Home Goods for $20 - $35 a piece, depending on size. If they have a retail store in your area it might be worth checking out. In addition to whatever they do ion wise I happen to think they throw a nice warm light to listen by. I like to shut off all the lights in the room with the exception of my two salt lamps during late night listening session. I find the light they throw off very relaxing, and that is even before the salt crystal heats up enough to disperse any ions.

Sounds like these salt lamps would benefit from being on 24/7. 1 issue I do have with them is the color,,, I'm not a red fan. I like 6500k light for video viewing and natural bluish light bulbs in general. So the common red/yellowish salt lamps wouldn't be my cup of tea. A blue salt lamp on other hand would be the cats meow. I think I have some research to do.  8)

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline satfrat

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2015, 05:40:27 PM »

Looks like I found just what I was looking for here, Natural Glacier Crystal, refreshing blue Himalayan salt lamp. I bought 2 lamps and will be placing them on top of my main Lorelei loudspeakers which are next to all my electronics. Let them negative ions interact with my electronics positive ions.

Thanks Charles & Tom for this enticing tweak! :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2015, 06:58:23 PM »
Nice find! I have never seen a blue salt lamp before.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Werd

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 07:14:08 PM »
     Yes the Acoustic Revive products in general are very affective. I;m using several Salt Crystal lamps instead. not the same power of the AR generator however affective.
    Yes Robin creates a very relaxing environment and cleans the air at the same time. noticed a more open sound with better focus and clarity how about you ?

charles

I've read a lot about salt lamps and ion generators Charles and I do believe a relaxing healthy environment lends itself in audio/video enjoyment, and it definitely falls in the category of tweaks. How can it not?

Oh yeah, just like to say I do personally like Tommy and I do really like his digital amps when I've heard them paired with a tube preamp so to temper what I perceive to be a too sterile clarity for my personal liking. It's only some of his comments pertaining to tweaks in his thread I disagree with and that's actually the only reason I even brought up Truth In Audio.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Did I say i didn't like clowns?.. Haha. I have no hard feelings but if they can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen.  My attitude is they are going to trample on my hobby then they can handle the Ad homs.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Werd

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 07:17:25 PM »

They sell red ones at Home Depot. i am going to go get one. Might even have one already since the Mrs Werd like's this kinda of stuff.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline satfrat

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2015, 07:59:09 PM »

Actually, after placing my order for 2 lamps on Etsy, I went to their website and found a blue Aromatherapy salt lamp here that looks exactly like what I ordered but is $7.25 more and can be used with essential oils. Seeing how I use essential oils throughout my home, I emailed them in hopes of upgrading my order. I'm pretty psyched.

Cheers,
Robin

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 07:32:53 AM »
  Cool. Mine are a yellow in color. That blue one looks really nice.

charles

Offline satfrat

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »
Today I upgraded my 2 salt lamp order to the Blue Aromatherapy Glacier Crystal salt lamps. It's essentially the same lamp as the picture I posted above but this as a ceramic cup sculptured on top for essential oils. I happen to have some Vermont Maple Syrup essential oil that would work well in these lamps for Vermont's maple sap run in March. Sweet. :drool:

Cheers,
Robin

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 05:32:13 AM »
Isn't that going to result in a syrupy sound?

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.