Author Topic: H-CAT  (Read 3856 times)

biglou

H-CAT
« on: July 09, 2007, 08:27:46 PM »
just saw an ad on audiogon for an H-CAT. always intrigued by this contraption, but never heard one. anyone here ever get to mess around with an H-CAT?
http://www.h-cat.com/
seems like malarky to me, but i'm frequently wrong....

miklorsmith

Re: H-CAT
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 07:08:56 AM »
I've been following that one for quite a while too, they make some interesting claims.  Of course, like every "BEST" thread even those that have heard it don't agree on that title.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 09:02:12 AM »
We had H-Cat demo at our club meeting. The Preamp had a see through quality never experienced by us before. Basically staight wire with gain. No coloration at all. We were all very impressed.
   Their theory is get the signal from point "A" to "B" as quickly as possible. They use some sort of computer technology which they would not divulge. IMO you will be a happy camper. Go for it.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Rollo's in da house!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 09:11:43 AM »
Welcome Rollo!! I look forward to seeing a lot of your impassioned and insightful posts here on AN! Congrats on your Promithious venture, and good luck!
Rich

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Rollo's in da house!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »
Welcome Rollo!! I look forward to seeing a lot of your impassioned and insightful posts here on AN! Congrats on your Promithious venture, and good luck!
Rich

Unfortunately the Promitheus businees deal fell through. I am back as an Audiophile. Thanks for the kind words.

rollo
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 10:30:28 AM »
DANG! Sorry to hear that, you were so excited for that project, and so were many of us for you. Well, you're still a great reviewer and I look forward to reading about your explorations.