Author Topic: Fuse upgrade?!!  (Read 10871 times)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
Re: Fuse upgrade?!!
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:11 PM »
Is it possible to set a chip at a certain frequency?
How is it powered? How is it activated.
It sounds good, but is it possible to be done passively?
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2012, 08:45:28 AM »
   No power, it is activated by incoming resonance.Then it creates a cancelling  and disapation affect of such.   There have been several attempts at this sort of device. Marigo, Harmonix and others have offered similar products in the past. I used the Harmonix product on my Linn TT to good affect.
   Quantum engineering has come a long way since opening up new findings and results.
     The key IMO to this particular product is one can return it. All we can do is try if we desire.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2012, 08:49:40 AM »
Lets be honest for a second. There is nothing "quantum" about this. That is just a savvy marketing term being thrown around.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

DaveC

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
Lets be honest for a second. There is nothing "quantum" about this. That is just a savvy marketing term being thrown around.

Everything's quantum, man....  :D

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 08:27:10 AM »

Really ?? That is a broad and bold statement. Can you offer any evidence of that ? Have you tried them ? I have and they work as advertised. If you like I could demo them for you with one untreated fuse and one treated fuse.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline TooManyToys

• Seeking Help
  • Jersey Shore (Not Seaside!)
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 07:01:31 PM »
OK.  There is no way you can have a "fit all" product for vibration control.  I just to work in developing OE noise suppression insulators on the back of brake pads and they will be very specific to the natural harmonic frequency of the part.  What one company uses for glass thickness and length will not be the same in these, unless every glass fuse out there is made by the same company on the same equipment. There are other factors too.

I heard before about vibration control of fuses, and I've also read that just adding some Mortite on the fuse will work.  If you are using this product then maybe a trial of some Mortite on the fuse should be a good comparison.

I’m more worried about the formation of the valence and conduction bands due to the oxides, since both bands are energy separated and not as conductive as base metal.   :roll:
If it's too loud, you're too middle aged.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 06:40:15 AM »
  Interesting. WA states the chips are programed for each application. How ? Got me. They also state it is a "theory" not proven.
  It appears they set at sub atomic levels of some kind. I can understand how Bob made his staement. A little out there.
   However that is why they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Proof is either in the pudding or not.

charles

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 10:21:51 AM »
 Interesting. WA states the chips are programed for each application. How ? Got me. They also state it is a "theory" not proven.
  It appears they set at sub atomic levels of some kind. I can understand how Bob made his staement. A little out there.
   However that is why they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. Proof is either in the pudding or not.

charles

Like Charles said, and I'll repeat, so long as you don't peel the chip off the wax paper, you can simply scotch tape the wa paper in place for the desired application (fuse, resister, 2 different sizes of capacitor, wires, transformer, loudspeaker, etc) and try them out for yourself. They will either work to your expectations or you spend a few bucks to mail them back in an envelope & get your money back. This seems to me to make more sense than to post about how or why they can't work.  :pop

The fuse chip is the cheapest enter level chip to experiment on but for those "experts" who already "know" that fuses won't make any difference in audio quality, than I'm sure you'll already "know" that neither will the WA Quantum Chips. And I'm also sure you'll be telling us all about it too, even though you'll never actually know anything other than what you've read from someone who actually tries stuff and has an opinion based on user experience. That's pretty much how it always works with these sort of tried vs. untried product discussions.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »
Sorry guys, but I have to agree with Bob, I think the quantum aspect of these thing is pure marketing BS.

Not that I'm saying that they don't or can't work (and for less than ten bucks I know that one of these days I will be trying them one of these days) Stranger things have ended up making a positive difference in my system. But I think the explanation is a little hokey. Which is a shame because instead of focusing on the possible sonic benefits of a device like this, BS marketing tends to drive the discussions into the realm of whether it can work in the manner it is being advertized as opposed whether the actually does help and in what way.

I have said this a number of times before, but as an engineer, at work I need to understand how and why something works so we can monetize the technology, but as a consumer, if it helps my system sound better, I really don't give a rats @ss why, I just want to enjoy the results.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 09:09:23 AM »

Really ?? That is a broad and bold statement. Can you offer any evidence of that ? Have you tried them ? I have and they work as advertised. If you like I could demo them for you with one untreated fuse and one treated fuse.

charles

I didn't say they didn;t work. However, their "quantum" explanation is just marketing crap to make it sound mysterious. If they simply said "we don't know how these work because the theory hasn't been devised yet, but we hear it for ourselves and you will too" they would be sounding too much like Peter Belt.  So they come up with something pseudo-scientifiec and call it "quantum" because that is a cool sciency term that most people don't understand without a PHD in physics.

If they work, cool, but don't try and sell me on the science of it unless there really is some explanation other then pure vibration reduction.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 10:23:10 AM »
Quantum just means discreet states. Like integers, there is nothing between them. Electron orbits are quantum, Two sexes are quantum states, there are no half sexes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum

In that sense, all fuses are quantum devices, blown or not blown. haha

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 11:46:04 AM »
A Quantum Blow Me!   :rofl:

Offline tmazz

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 05:40:05 AM »

I didn't say they didn;t work. However, their "quantum" explanation is just marketing crap to make it sound mysterious. If they simply said "we don't know how these work because the theory hasn't been devised yet, but we hear it for ourselves and you will too" they would be sounding too much like Peter Belt.  So they come up with something pseudo-scientifiec and call it "quantum" because that is a cool sciency term that most people don't understand without a PHD in physics.

If they work, cool, but don't try and sell me on the science of it unless there really is some explanation other then pure vibration reduction.

+1

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 08:05:48 AM »
Quantum just means discreet states. Like integers, there is nothing between them. Electron orbits are quantum, Two sexes are quantum states, there are no half sexes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum

In that sense, all fuses are quantum devices, blown or not blown. haha

There ya go Rich. That's funny. To repeat, WA states on their site it is "theory" not fact and invite one to try.
  A tough room eh. I'm game why not inexpensive and some good reports so far.
   Mazz how are those Alan Maher CBFs working for ya ? Sometimes just need hands on experience hey.
    Bob I love ya man. Now if the product was $25 instead of $7.50 I might agree with ya. Really do not think WA is going to make  money on this product by fooling its customers. After several sales and comments they would sink or prosper. At least keep one eye open anyways.  :-P 
    At least the Belts say that it is mostly a placebo affect. Their whole deal is based on perception. If the book on the table makes you believe the music sounds better so be it. Now that is a bit of a stretch for me.

charles

Offline tmazz

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 11:10:15 PM »
Quote from: rollo
  Mazz how are those Alan Maher CBFs working for ya ? Sometimes just need hands on experience hey.  

Exactly why I said that although I think the marketing is BS I still don't want pass judgement without hearing it for myself.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:49:20 PM by Carlman »

• Nola Boxers
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9